Archer after Patch 1.7 : Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• If you guys thought that an archer deals too much damage fast, what about mages, that can deal with 2skills critical 4-5-6k or more dmg in less than 2 seconds? A lot of peoples started to change their items for mage, everyday i see someone trying to trade archer items for other classes. About pvp, at every BOG, for example, i see tons of mages and barely some archers and the same guys everytime, i stay sometimes even 20seconds feared.
      You should really take into cosideration unnerfing the archers or nerf the mages too.
    • xHunter wrote:

If you guys thought that an archer deals too much damage fast, what about mages, that can deal with 2skills critical 4-5-6k or more dmg in less than 2 seconds? A lot of peoples started to change their items for mage, everyday i see someone trying to trade archer items for other classes. About pvp, at every BOG, for example, i see tons of mages and barely some archers and the same guys everytime, i stay sometimes even 20seconds feared.
      You should really take into cosideration unnerfing the archers or nerf the mages too.
      Exactly my thoughts. Archer killed the mage as easy the mage killed the archer. Why the chain has to be broken? Not to add archer's disadvantage here lol, mage can dodge archer's only flash but the archer can't do the same, fear cast effect is same like other 5-6 spells of him and also the movement is CRIMINALLY unseen, he like moves the rod in less than a sec. And what do we see now? That these people made it to the other side, now archer is the broken and im like wtf do we play the same game. People always like to ride the magician's magic horse.
      Geralt Of Rivia , Withcer.. with tenure
    • And also lol they always talk about only the archer never about the mage itself like yeah if you isolate this and that you will find it whatever you want but in all classes too not only for archer. But I dont understand why no else has pointed that this is the 1st time in official and all private servers in 10 years that the need for a change like this is felt. Like every other place is unbalanced hm?I seriously doubt that the person with this idea of the team sat down and tested this or listened to other people's opinion on this, I cant really get my mind to imagine X dev to sit down and decide that archer dominates the assasins and evocators or priests at wars or warriors at all. The only one archer burns is another archer or a mage, who can do the same. I mean this clearly has to do sth with the mages and probably for the low life mages with bad eq and no buffs caught out of position who take positions that not even rambo himself would.
    • xHunter wrote:

If you guys thought that an archer deals too much damage fast, what about mages, that can deal with 2skills critical 4-5-6k or more dmg in less than 2 seconds? A lot of peoples started to change their items for mage, everyday i see someone trying to trade archer items for other classes. About pvp, at every BOG, for example, i see tons of mages and barely some archers and the same guys everytime, i stay sometimes even 20seconds feared.
      Are you talking about your experience on this subject? Do you realize it's all about the weapon/armors. Do you deny the fact that archer deals similar amount of damage in few seconds as mage with equal weapon and a lot more damage before the nerf.
    • Naskali wrote:

xHunter wrote:

Are you talking about your experience on this subject? Do you realize it's all about the weapon/armors. Do you deny the fact that archer deals similar amount of damage in few seconds as mage with equal weapon and a lot more damage before the nerf.
      I am talking about what i experienced, tested and saw. What i said about the mage dealing almost the same damage in same amount of time is before this patch, now ofc archers deal worse damage.
      Like Walking Archer said, mages skills are very hard to dodge with almost 0 animation (the slow,fear and freeze), archers have to rely only on the flash skill that is ofc more easy to dodge.
    • Coccolino wrote:

If the damage of the wizards has always remained the same because you are complaining only now?

...maybe just because you do not trishot them anymore?

I think @Novac clearly stated that he wanted developed, matured and polite replies, the guy wants to discuss his thoughts.
      Mature a little bit and stop telling us how much everything is fine OK WE KNOW YOU LIKED THE CHANGE FINE. you let everyone know,good. Let us be open to more replies and stop destroying the thread. You are immature dude you spam :thumbdown: really?
      Your 3 shot theory is delusional.

The post was edited 3 times, last by WalkingArcher ().

• '' Exactly my thoughts. Archer killed the mage as easy the mage killed the archer. Why the chain has to be broken? Not to add archer's disadvantage here lol, mage can dodge archer's only flash but the archer can't do the same, fear cast effect is same like other 5-6 spells of him and also the movement is CRIMINALLY unseen, he like moves the rod in less than a sec. And what do we see now? That these people made it to the other side, now archer is the broken and im like wtf do we play the same game. People always like to ride the magician's magic horse. ''

'' Learn to dodge and there wont be any problems anymore :)) my dear random player ''

Where am I wrong here? Hmm?
    • The first game was unbalanced in favor of the archers and I have never read anyone complaining about this. Now
      that the wars do not throw them out easy, now that the wizards can
      survive after an abb, all the archers have poured into the forum pouring
      liters and liters of tears.

Now that the game has
      been changed, open the sky, it seems that the archers are just to throw
      ... when he knows very well that they are still most of the characters
      on the game. I still can not understand why most of the archers only 2 complain if the class really is so bad...obviously only those who want to win easy always cry...

Seriously hoping that all priests change class to make visible that no one cares about the priest class.
    • Coccolino wrote:

The first game was unbalanced in favor of the archers and I have never read anyone complaining about this
      4story has been like this for 10 years,its too late to change the way 4story is or feels. You never saw anyone complaining because the patch came like 2 weeks ago?

Coccolino wrote:

now that the wizards can
      survive after an abb, all the archers have poured into the forum pouring
      liters and liters of tears.
      FIrst of all you are very immature and insulting, but tell us can archer survive magician's fear? No buts or this or that, just admit it you dont talk to anyone blind.

Coccolino wrote:

I still can not understand why most of the archers only 2 complain if the class really is so bad.
      Dont worry its still too early, they will later. 2 threads of complaint are enough you know. There is no need to have 50 threads open with the same subject you know.

Anyway you only downvote any post opposite to your opinion and have your friend like your post, you harass us so no more need to talk to you , if you can leave any discussion about archers it would be great. Bro you act totally childish in the conversation

The post was edited 1 time, last by WalkingArcher ().

• Not to mention you didnt reply to this, because you really downvote anything cuz you are acting like a 10yo.

'' Exactly my thoughts. Archer killed the mage as easy the mage killed the archer. Why the chain has to be broken? Not to add archer's disadvantage here lol, mage can dodge archer's only flash but the archer can't do the same, fear cast effect is same like other 5-6 spells of him and also the movement is CRIMINALLY unseen, he like moves the rod in less than a sec. And what do we see now? That these people made it to the other side, now archer is the broken and im like wtf do we play the same game. People always like to ride the magician's magic horse. ''

'' Learn to dodge and there wont be any problems anymore :)) my dear random player ''

Where am I wrong here? Hmm?
    • Coccolino wrote:

the downvoting is a system that I have learned from you, and anyway if you warm up so much it is clear that I have hit the mark ...
      You learnt from me? You should invent better lies maybe cuz i rarely downvote posts at all. You still didnt say if archer survives 7 sec of fear or why i am wrong on the lack of animation on magicians fear.

EDIT : This pic you posted is like totally not proving you right. Disliking you when you bash me and Novac and post harassing replies is like totally normal. You on the other hand are a diva who has to dislike eveyrthing

The post was edited 2 times, last by WalkingArcher ().

• @Coccolino please make an comment with all ure toughts (so a kind of summary)why u think nothing should be changed, without sentences wich might be provocatively..i did not open this thread for selfish reasons so im not automatic against u or other ppl who think its now good how it is.
      The thread is fo a friendly discussion were every one can tell if this nerf was good or if they think there could be a change for the archer/mage..And after we all postet our opinion our 4ancient team can decide if they are changing sth or not.

For me its still a to hard nerf, or we can nerf mage for like -2 int..its not only about the dmg our classes are dealing its also about trading and as i said trading is now rly unbalanced i just wanted to remind it again.

Novac
      All spelling and grammatical mistakes are intentional :!:
      Visit my 4Ancient Youtube channel :)
      youtube.com/channel/UCAV_evMukq1aWsXn751SYkA/featured
    • Naskali wrote:

xHunter wrote:

wizzs with 22 pvp and 39 int jewells deals 2k+ from lava pilar and 1200 from the rest of the skills, wizzs have a 7s fear where you cant use anything (burst with no response), archers 7 s blind where they can use pots and w/e they want so all in all the 1v1 having less base dmg its imposible, on mass pvp archers are just debuff npcs and try to have luck and lasthit. Its not just a +3 skill back, only a little bit back to have any chance to kill them, just tey to rebalance the classes again...
      Edit: btw with the same weap, reckless and 37 skill set i cant more than 600 dmg with luck.
    • u guys are soooooooo annoying.

Was archer op before the patch? No
      Was the nerf needed? Yes
      There were too many archers with a nice ac which made it really hard for mages to go for a deep stun.
      With the nerf now, its still hard but easier than before.

However, what almost 90% of the community can't understand is, that 4story is a fucking teamgame. It's not like one person carries a whole group. In order to succeed, the whole group needs to play together and watch each others steps. It's about shot-calling and communicate which is the target to focus.

After all the nerf isn't really a nerf itself. Those archers which use a macro are just weaker now because they cant simply rely on their burst damage anymore.

To the point that mage damage is too high in mass pvp. Mages wont burst anyone in under one second. Every priest who has at least two fingers should be possible to support that.

~Peet
    • SirPeet wrote:

u guys are soooooooo annoying.

Was archer op before the patch? No
      Was the nerf needed? Yes
      There were too many archers with a nice ac which made it really hard for mages to go for a deep stun.
      With the nerf now, its still hard but easier than before.

However, what almost 90% of the community can't understand is, that 4story is a fucking teamgame. It's not like one person carries a whole group. In order to succeed, the whole group needs to play together and watch each others steps. It's about shot-calling and communicate which is the target to focus.

After all the nerf isn't really a nerf itself. Those archers which use a macro are just weaker now because they cant simply rely on their burst damage anymore.

To the point that mage damage is too high in mass pvp. Mages wont burst anyone in under one second. Every priest who has at least two fingers should be possible to support that.

~Peet
      And what do u think about the huge price differences and the mass of mages appears?
      About the mass of mages using invi potions, so its now just normal to stay sometimes more than 21 secs feared in BoG or ac?
      And yes under 1 sec no but some mages need 1 - 1.5 secs to kill some one with 6-8k life i felt it with my archer and now with my evo (without my pet).
    • profiangler wrote:

Hallo,
      at First, walkingarcher how you can Tell that SilenceX is a random Player? Atleast he knows what to do and isnt jumping in and dying instantly like 90% of all mages on this Server. Also he knows how to Dodge Not like you who dont Even have a dodgeskill in the skillbar. So walkingarcher stop Flame good players and better Grab your Own noses before you judge about other Players, because you suck hard man like garbage.

So dann zu dir peet, den größten weiner und pussy zugleich. Hör einfach auf mit 4s, dann nervst du wenigstens keinen mehr mit deinen gejammer und schlechten Support, danke. Du bildest dir ein bisschen zu viel ein wie der Rest deiner gilde. (Ihr suckt alle, hat man ja gesehen)

So b2t,
      Archer dont need buff is still an easy class even with an 22pvp xbow. Problem is, 95% of all archers on ancient are nohands and dont Even know what a debuff is. (WalkingArcher and Novac, maybe start to Play your class usefull and a Bit with Brain, and you shouldnt have Problems)

Have a nice day all and have fun in the tw tonight!

profiangler wrote:

BTW SilenceX is/was one of the best mages on this Server. He know when he had to stun Not like „pushorleave“ mages, who just die because of Bad positioning.

B2t,
      Warriors Need a small nerf, the buff was right Bit Not that much. Maybe buff Assa because theyre still Snacks. Archer and Wizards are Balancend in my opinion.

Have a nice Ostern!
      Ich weiß nicht, was du denkst wer du bist aber wir brauchen hier im forum nicht noch mehr unnötige flamer und wenn du weiter vor hast unnötig unnützes zeug zu posten lass es einfach du hilfst niemanden. Davon abgesehen das es wahrscheinlich einfach nur ein flamer acc ist den du dir mal kurz gemacht hast damit du nicht preisgeben musst wer du bist, auch bekannt als #InternetEier :).
      Ich bin in duells eine niete das gebe ich gerne zu . Kein problem damit aber im mass pvp bin ich gut hab genügend leute die mir das bereits gesagt haben(und ich bilde mir darauf nichts ein), weil ich eben genau zu den 5% gehöre die nahezu den debuff skill immer auf cd haben :)
      Und falls du es nicht bemerkt haben solltest geht es lange nicht nur um den dmg, habe nun schon oft genug erwähnt das ich das nicht als das schlimmste auf der ganzen welt bezeichne :)
      Da du wahrscheinlich nur 2% von thread gelesen hast möchte ich dir persöhnlich nochmal eine kurze zusammenfassung liefern:
      Preise = unbalanced :)
      Mages = überzahl an mages, darunter viele sterbe/invi mages die einfach nur dem pvp schaden :)

oh das wars auch schon hui 2 punkte über die man sich vlt gedanken machen sollte wenn einem das pvp hier auf dem server am herzen liegt :)
      Und ich bitte dich wirklich les dir mein kommentar durch und lass es gut sein , dein 2. post hätte gereicht geflame brauchen wir hier nicht .

Dankeschön Novac :)