Archer after Patch 1.7 : Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Archer after Patch 1.7 : Discussion

Hey guys,
      maybe u noticed my topic..so ye i wanna talk about the archer in this new patch. I guess every player who is playing a bit more pvp have felt the nerf of the archer cause the dmg is reduced. I waited with this thread cause i dont wanted to be so rude and spamm all over the forum that i dont like it because that patch is new and we have nice changes. So i tought to my self "alright give it a try" , so i did and a few also. Now after weeks i saw good archer disappear and a lot of mages running around. So i knew a lot of archer were horrified about the dmg they deal now even too mages and what many of them did is traded fast there eq for mage/priest eq. So i know the patch was a try to balance the pvp more but i think it did not..why? I see warrios beein now tanky and actually im not against that because now warrior are usefull and maybe op in the 1vs1 but at the end 4story is a mass pvp game so yes warrior patch is great! But archer are now weak(er) and for me not only a bit cause if i want to deal the same dmg as before i have to buy a reckless (i have a +23 pvp cbow). The first time i started to think about how much the -3 base skill effect on my dmg i deal was in BoG were i dealed (i dont wanna use names^^) a mage in my aoe 150 dmg (buffed ofc)..so now mages have round about 5-7k life and mages are in all multiplayer games glas canons..so i deal 150 in my aoe and than i focus on him and used my normal combo..my highest dmg i dealed was round about 650 dmg to a mage with 1 +22 part and rest 21.. so what i had to do is ofc debuff..after debuff it worked better i dealed him max 800 dmg with crit and that was the dmg i dealed before the patch to a mage with more than +22 full eq.. So i played like nothing changed, but i always checked during pvp what eq a mage has (lexikon) and i rly was shocked.. than i tought maybe lexicon is wrong and i ask one of my guild for a dmg test (a priest)...full +21 okey... first unbuffed.. max 800 dmg with crit..okey..now buffed... okey 600 dmg..

Anyway..now 1-2 weeks later so many mages appears..(as i said)now pvp is like beeing non stopp in stunn and still mages can take me out with a 3-4 skill combo even with a +20-22 sickle and i cant use heal potts during theire stunns.. archers job is it..debuff important enemys...so what i normaly focus is a tanky warrior...a priest with sacri and archer with priest dmg buffs.. what i now have to do is debuff mage so that i or my friends can kill him because now mage vs mage is more effective in a pvp fight because they can kill´m faster than i.. my job is to debuff i dont even try to be in the front for fights..u will be stunned even before u can cast any combo..

now my short overview for ppl they dont want to read my story haha:

Archer=(was a)DMG class => Deal rly less dmg to buffed mages and actually no dmg to warrior
      Debuff= archer is not only a dmg class no, one of the importants skill (for me)is debuff but now there are so many mages an archer cant focus them first
      Too many mages=doing a lot of dmg in less seconds have 2 stunns and buffed they dont see archer as honest enemy
      Archer eq and weapons are more or less nothing worth= maybe some ppl noticed i also want to change my class and trade for a rod but now ppl dont want to trade for cbows.. +23 pvp cbow is also rare as rod but if u ask them for a trade they want minimun to add 3-4x+22 pvp parts.. Pvp rod and cbow were balanced..they had the same price but now..? my friend also tried to change is +22 cbow and they wanted to add min 2x+21 pvp parts ?
      Trading is atm hard for archer weapons i guess many of u have nearly the same problems..

The ppl who were mages before the patch they have now rly fun because they know they dont have a problem with that nerf they are more"op" now and they were before the patch also op and u dont have too say noo archer was too much op..no way there were a lot of mages and a lot of archer on this server and the prices of their items..they were similiar to each other.. now archer eq is less and even jewels for archer are like 50% less worth than jewels with int..

At the end that is my opinion and what i want is to talk about a change to the archer before this patch (+3base skill)..
      If u dont agree okey and i will not flame or sth like this i just want to find a friendly way to talk about cause i know a few ppl with the same opinion even mages.
      And that is not a thread against this patch i alrdy said it in the forum i rly appreciate the hard work from our team!! And i wont be angry if they dont change the nerf, no . I only want to talk about this and if we could change sth or not im not only egoistic and want that i can deal more dmg again, for me its the whole pvp! and if there aro sooo many mages atm and soo many stunns iduno..for "me" the pvp changes in a way i dont like and i care a lot about the pvp in our server.

I hope u guys are rdy to discuss this topic in a friendly way, no flame no hate.. just add ure meaning..

Novac :)

edit: if u rly read the whole story respect and thanks :)
      edit:language mistakes are intentional #Imgerman
      All spelling and grammatical mistakes are intentional :!:
      Visit my 4Ancient Youtube channel :)
      youtube.com/channel/UCAV_evMukq1aWsXn751SYkA/featured
    • i just realise the same problem on the prices, archer stuff its the worthless itens atm.
      The pvp starts being annoying you stay like 30s feared. With 22 pvp and 37 skill set im dealing 47 crit aoe dmgs and things like that, warriors are a little bit Op as i said at the dtar of the patch but for me thats not the problem, archers now are unbalanced, as Novac said, archers are dmg dealers and debuffers, now you only can do debuff and blind on pvp, thats sad. I like other options of the patch but testing the archer, all i can say its that is an underpowered class atm.
      Sorry for my eng :)
    • My propositions:

Reduce the nerf of the archer from -3 to -2

A huge problem with this nerf is somewhere else .. in my opinion, the problem is that the wizard has the ability to wear completely physical armor + has a good physical buff + buff from the priest + potion 20% physical.

Let's compare the archer ...
      Buff only for physics and for avoiding physical injuries + objects that you assume are typically physical (veteran) or mixed (3-class) of course here also comes a potion of 20% and buff from the priest but you can see a huge difference and remembering that the archer is now still lost 100-150 damage we have the result that the wizard wins in everything over the archer.

Currently, the balance is practically perfect, the only problem is that the archer is getting too much damage from the wizard, and the wizard has become a living shield against the archer.

Regards,
      CoeurDePeuple

PS. Written using translator, so sorry for errors.
    • CoeurDePeuple wrote:

My propositions:

Reduce the nerf of the archer from -3 to -2

A huge problem with this nerf is somewhere else .. in my opinion, the problem is that the wizard has the ability to wear completely physical armor + has a good physical buff + buff from the priest + potion 20% physical.

Let's compare the archer ...
      Buff only for physics and for avoiding physical injuries + objects that you assume are typically physical (veteran) or mixed (3-class) of course here also comes a potion of 20% and buff from the priest but you can see a huge difference and remembering that the archer is now still lost 100-150 damage we have the result that the wizard wins in everything over the archer.

Currently, the balance is practically perfect, the only problem is that the archer is getting too much damage from the wizard, and the wizard has become a living shield against the archer.

Regards,
      CoeurDePeuple

PS. Written using translator, so sorry for errors.
      I agree with u and it might be a nice idea with -3 to -2.
      Its maybe true that the archer had too much dmg before the patch + abb but i think the -3 was to hard and because of that many archer changed...so maybe a change to a lower base skill is an nice option.
    • The archer nerf was too much in my opinion, now is the weakest class esspecially in 1v1 and even in mass pvp (you can't have everytime with you a team, 1v1 is inevitable at a moment and is part of the game and ofcourse you will lose against evocators(OP 1v1), Wars same as evo and you can't even kill 2v1 a war with decent eq, you need sometimes even more than 10 peoples to be able to kill a shield war when you deal 100-200damage critical at the best and most of the time your damage is blocked(and this is something that i saw with my own eyes), nightwalker now the same, against mages you can have a chance, even that after you get slowed you need more than 3seconds to cast a spell/shoot and barely hit them and against archers all about skill/eq), archers could use the abb to deal a lot of damage fast but mages can deal in one - two seconds the same damage too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xHunter ().

• Hey I have a question towards your damage calculations.

You are speaking about fully buffed enemy's - I suppose you mean potions+ priest buffs?
      Did you use a reckless potion?

I would prefer damage calculations based on fair assumptions: Either both use potions (i) or you leave them out of the equation (ii).

Going further, would you actually think a buff in archer damage is prefered over a small nerf in mage damage?

What if mages had -1 base int?

If we really want to tackle the issue of game balance, we should look at it from all angles.
      A nerf to defense potions may also be an option/ or making them harder to obtain like reckless potions.

__

I personally believe that Evocators are a viable class right now. Altough people have not tested Evocators to their full potential, I believe the nerf in Archer damage gave them a serious upswing. Our balancing aim should be the viability of every class - sure some classes will always excell at certain elements, but each class should have their own niche. Please keep that in mind for future suggestions.

I'm eager to hear all of your future input!

Kind regards,
      [SGM] Shellfish
    • Coccolino wrote:

I do not agree. If no changes are made, everyone complains that nothing is done. If you do, everyone complains that changes have been made.

Please make peace with your brain.

Coccolino wrote:

Shellfish wrote:

dont agree

Shellfish wrote:

A nerf to defense potions may also be an option/ or making them harder to obtain like reckless potions.
      dont agree. all can buy potions, why penalize everyone?

I have told this to every Archer and I will tell it to every Mage. Please do not let your own class bias you towards any potential changes.
      If we want to tackle balance, then please do it for the good of the game and not your personal standing.

Give me good reasons, as to why you think Mage is in a good state/ Archer is in a healthy state and I will gladly agree with you.

Kind regards,
      [SGM] Shellfish
    • because the archer to do damage just the debuff, and because the magician is true he has so much attack but compensates with the slight defense

and if it were true in the ranking there would not be 15 archers, but 15 characters with different classes.

Seriously hoping that all priests change class to make visible that no one cares about the priest class.
    • If anyone was to make a general statement I think it would be that 4story is a broken game we love the way it is. Nobody says the game is balanced If its left without any changes, it just how it was accepted 10 years ago. I find it hypocritical that other classes are trying to talk on behalf of archers by stating their personal opinion as a fact. If these results, ( skill jewls being 1/2 int ,xbow having to be traded with extra pvps for a rod, community complaints ) are signs of a good update and are satisfying we have no reason to talk. I think its delusional to talk balance in a game meant to be ''broken'' , in this game armour and weapons use varies in a range of +0 to +24 , this game features 6 different classes that by no means resemble each other. Some people need to realise that its almost impossible to compare 6 different things with each other specially when 24 levels of armour and damage are offered in items, nobody has identical items with each other and no class has the same skills. Every class was designed unique in its on way and yes a skilled archer can be a killing machine with buffs and proper + in xbow and skil,slaughtering classes 1v1. On the other hand mage is by far a better farmer and has aoe damage at war, and only a blind man cant see that his damage in 1v1 is not balanced and etc for each class. Balance means CLASS A=B=C=D=E=F and that ranking consists of all classes on the same percentage. I think we should cut the bullshit with this one and stop trying to fake nonexistent balance and then try to prove to everyone that it was a good change. A good change stands by itself and doesn't need X , Y or Z person to defend it. How come this is the only update everyone complains for? Why nobody complains for the warrior or feels the need to defend it or praise it? Maybe because it was good, useful, needed and stands for itself.
      Geralt Of Rivia , Withcer.. with tenure
    • SilenceX wrote:

Start to learn your class and you have no problems anymore :))
      we all are friendly here so make usefull comment and dont flame.
      walkingarcher is right..
      Ofc archer dmg was high but mage dmg is also high and warrior now,,rly high i mean i have with my axe from dung 79 1790 dmg but thats okey as i said warrior is now usefull. There are many archers with low eq 17-20 and now tell me that an archer with a +17-20 weapon kills anyone in 1 sec with abb..no chance! If u have a rly strong weapon+22-24 its more than okey that u should be able to kill some one fast! If not ure weapon is a waste off upps..
      This game wasnt anytime 100% balanced its nearly impossible to doo that.
      Anyway whats important is that the prices are atm nonsense.. because lot of ppl now think okey archer is trash so i wont play archer anymore and trade for mage eq. So they try to find eq and have to add a lot more than its fair.
      If this wont be changed we maybe have to reduce the materials u need for a pvp cbow or rod because u cant say its like the same weapon, because its not its a lot less worth and thats why before the patch the most pvp axes came out from the lvl 38 box. No one wanted to craft a weapon thats so use- and worthless.
      I still wanna talk about a change from -3 to maybe -1.5 or -2 base skill im okey with that that u nerf the archer because he was rly strong but dont make him to weak that ppl dont wanna play this class, this class alwas was important more than some ppl think, its not only about abb (wich actually is not that easy if u ask ppl who flames abb and tell hem to try they couldnt make an nice abb), archer is so usefull for debuffs and also the blind is for so many ppl only a abb skill but its so much more clever to use it in other way.. so dont judge who can play his class or not, i might be a "standard" archer but im okey with it, im bad in 1vs1 but im okey with it. But im good in a mass pvp and thats what 4story is about! and in a mass pvp u cant waste so much time on dealing low dmg, not the archer, he is made for dmg!
      Im atm archer but i maybe change my class because i alrdy played 5 month on this server my archer and wanna try sth new but i cant trade my eq without high adds so i will stay archer for that moment. I didnt open this thread for my self no, i think its the best for our server to talk about the changes from the archer to have a nice pvp...
      Just think about it and if ure still not agree no problem but than make a usefull comment..
      thanks..

Novac
    • Coccolino wrote:

@ novac but I tell you that you are the first that wants to add in exchanges, too comfortable cry only when convenient

when the arch with 5 hits killing people did not seem to me that you were so scary or wrong?
      I dont cry dude ,i just tell my toughts about what i think would be good for the server nott more, i alrdy told that i will agree with everything that will happen after this discussion.

an archer who kills with 5 hits needs a rly strong weapon, same like mage who kills in sometimes 3 skills, so what? i dont have a problem that mage have that much dmg there are enough priests for support that can save u np..
      and i also told its not only about the dmg its about the balancing for example i would nerf mage -3 int base so if they loose -100 dmg maybe prices will be equal again and some archer will play again..not as now where we have so many mages with so many stunns in the pvp.
      And as is said i will change my class i dont fight for me i will be also a "victim" if they push archer again , so what? i have enough chances no matter what class.
    • Shellfish wrote:

Hey I have a question towards your damage calculations.

You are speaking about fully buffed enemy's - I suppose you mean potions+ priest buffs?
      Did you use a reckless potion?

I would prefer damage calculations based on fair assumptions: Either both use potions (i) or you leave them out of the equation (ii).

Going further, would you actually think a buff in archer damage is prefered over a small nerf in mage damage?

If we really want to tackle the issue of game balance, we should look at it from all angles.

__

I personally believe that Evocators are a viable class right now. Altough people have not tested Evocators to their full potential, I believe the nerf in Archer damage gave them a serious upswing. Our balancing aim should be the viability of every class - sure some classes will always excell at certain elements, but each class should have their own niche. Please keep that in mind for future suggestions.

I'm eager to hear all of your future input!

Kind regards,
      [SGM] Shellfish
      totaly overead ure post sry.
      I think it would be a good idea to nerf also the mages with around -1 or -2 base int. Mages and archer always had like the same status, they are(were) both popular classes. Now i see so many ppl trading for mage eq and we lost a many of active archers that switched to mage and im rly not the only one who mention it. The archer nerf effected the trading if some one dont believe me okay try to trade cbow for rod without high adds i have the problem and few ppl i know also.
      So i think a mage nerf could balance all a bit.
      And its also a good idea in my opinion that deff potions could be weaker because some times its rly like "okey without debuff no chance" and if u dont have an archer in ure party its rly hard. Making the reckless more expensive was btw a good idea because we had a lot of ppl running around only with reckless + priest buffs+deff potions and that was a bit too much for my opinion.

Short summ:
      -nerf the mage -1/-2 base int
      -archer base skill maybe -2

Novac

edit: sorry for double post i read ure post after i postet the first comment <.<
    • But another time we are talking about Priest and no One says that this class are really useless Atm. Why? Just think for example ti Daily quests... A Priest cannot make Honor and kill quests cause game count only the ks maded... when i wanna to remind that sometimes in 2v2 only the skill of the Priest make the different. But the most penalized class is precisely the priest, who is interested in us? it is more important to talk about archers and magicians... Even if we all end up talking about the lack of this class in the game. if they do not make changes to this class, surely the last remaining priests will also change to another.

Class: Evo
      Kingdom: Derion
      Guild: Nerv
    • Puma wrote:

But another time we are talking about Priest and no One says that this class are really useless Atm. Why? Just think for example ti Daily quests... A Priest cannot make Honor and kill quests cause game count only the ks maded... when i wanna to remind that sometimes in 2v2 only the skill of the Priest make the different. But the most penalized class is precisely the priest, who is interested in us? it is more important to talk about archers and magicians... Even if we all end up talking about the lack of this class in the game. if they do not make changes to this class, surely the last remaining priests will also change to another.
      i cant talk for the priests dude. I only played short time priest on this server...
      And tbh i never heard a priest was sad with his class, but u can make a thread for the priest, for sure there are ppl with good ideas.