Framerate is still unstable.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Framerate is still unstable.

Hey guys. I really need your help on something...

So, my game's performance has been quite unstable from the start and I'm not sure what else to do. I recall making a thread about this in the past but a reply was never given. My OS is Windows 10. I'm aware that this OS gives its players a lot of issues. I followed the YT tutorial on how to improve performance. It worked and the game starts off fine. I can get around 50 to 60 FPS here and there... but as time goes, the framerate will gradually decrease until it's on 10-20 and the game just becomes unplayable. It doesn't matter what sort of resolution I'm playing or the graphical setup, it just keeps happening. I should also add that applying compatibility measures haven't fixed anything as well.

I've tried some of the available "d3d9.dll" files and nothing seemed to change. I highly doubt I'll find any help here, but I truly wish to play this game properly. My laptop should be more than capable of handling this game since it allows me to play modern and other older games with fewer issues than with this one.

My current laptop specs are:
    - ACER Laptop, Windows 10
    - Intel Core i7-6700HQ 3.5GHz
    - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950m 4GB VRAM
    - 16GB RAM

Could someone please help me with this?

The post was edited 4 times, last by Maulclaw ().

• RandomWolf wrote:

So, my game's performance has been quite unstable from the start and I'm not sure what else to do. I recall making a thread about this in the past but a reply was never given. My OS is Windows 10. I'm aware that this OS gives its players a lot of issues. I followed the YT tutorial on how to improve performance. It worked and the game starts off fine. I can get around 50 to 60 FPS here and there... but as time goes, the framerate will gradually decrease until it's on 10-20 and the game just becomes unplayable. It doesn't matter what sort of resolution I'm playing or the graphical setup, it just keeps happening. I should also add that applying compatibility measures haven't fixed anything as well.

I've tried some of the available "d3d9.dll" files and nothing seemed to change. I highly doubt I'll find any help here, but I truly wish to play this game properly. My laptop should be more than capable of handling this game since it allows me to play modern and other older games with fewer issues than with this one.

- 16GB RAM

As far as I know many laptops does have problems with 4Story, my laptop does work perfect with 4story, no problems.
    There isn't a solution yet, we're still trying to search a fix.

Community Manager | Video Editor | Everything
  • SwiperDE wrote:

RandomWolf wrote:

- 16GB RAM

resolution
    The resolution can be changed custom in regedit :>

Or did you mean solution? :D
    There are some videos on youtube about fixing laptop issues for games but doubt they will work for 4story.

Battle.net: Flo#22907
    Discord: Mikrole#8952
  • Mikrole wrote:

SwiperDE wrote:

RandomWolf wrote:

- 16GB RAM

resolution
    The resolution can be changed custom in regedit :>

Or did you mean solution? :D
    There are some videos on youtube about fixing laptop issues for games but doubt they will work for 4story.
    X/ :whistling:

Community Manager | Video Editor | Everything
  • Shellfish wrote:

Just to make sure:

1) Copy Paste the .dll into your 4Ancient folder

2) Start in Window-mode

Upon following these steps, you shall be able to play without any frame rate issues.
    If they still persist, make sure the game is using your Nvidia Graphic card, and not the onboard Intel graphic.

Kind regards,
    [SGM] Shellfish

I mentioned in my post that I had already tried the several .dll files. The game starts off fine. Let's say that I get 50FPS in the Training Camp. Then the FPS in that exact same location will keep decreasing as I play. Not really sure how the game in Windowed mode will do, but I'll give it a shot.
  • I have the same problem after a Windows 10 Update. I cant play sience 4 Months :(
    Only the d3d9.dll files from the older Windows Fix Video work's for me, whit the nvidia/intel d3d9.dll.
    All files d3d9.dll from the new Video doesnt work for me.

I can not find the files from the old video anymore or they do not exist anymore. ?( My PC Informations-Medion (Tower) Windows 10-Intel Core i7-6700HQ 3.5GHz- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB VRAM
    - 16GB RAM
  • Snaga wrote:

I have the same problem after a Windows 10 Update. I cant play sience 4 Months :(
    Only the d3d9.dll files from the older Windows Fix Video work's for me, whit the nvidia/intel d3d9.dll.

I can not find the files from the old video anymore or they do not exist anymore. ?( My PC Informations-Medion (Tower) Windows 10-Intel Core i7-6700HQ 3.5GHz- NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 4GB VRAM
    - 16GB RAM
    I just uploaded my dll for u: filehorst.de/d/cEqmfrwH
    maybe mine is working for u guys..
    its not a virus :D
    All spelling and grammatical mistakes are intentional :!:
    Visit my 4Ancient Youtube channel :)
    youtube.com/channel/UCAV_evMukq1aWsXn751SYkA/featured
  • Snaga wrote:

I have the same problem after a Windows 10 Update. I cant play sience 4 Months :(

- 16GB RAM
    "GET THIS MAN A SHIELD!", Black Panther 2018