Patch 1.7 - Daily Quests, World Bosses and more

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Archers were in an unhealthy state prior to our update. They were simply too good at everything. Not only did they have the highest damage, they could also assassinate people within seconds, they could escape when caught out of position, they could draw the attention of everyone, win 1vs1’s, force evades with their blinding arrow and the list goes on.
      They were just straight up overpowered.

We all got used to Archers dominating but in reality it stopped 4Ancient from evolving. Almost every active player had a lvl 90 Archer on his account. The most traded and upgraded gear was for Archers, most kills scored and most players online were Archer. The diversity died down and most people gave up on certain classes.

Right now is the time to rethink the position of Archers in the game. Should Archers be unstoppable Assassins that can go in, 100-0 someone within seconds and safely back out?
      I believe no class should be able to do this. There has to be some kind of drawback.

This update aims to incentivise a new playing style for the classes. Archers are reliable ranged damage dealers with great escapes. That is what differentiates them from other classes. They also have access to a quick burst of damage.

Comparing them 1:1 with mages is not fair nor helpful for balancing the game. A mage does not have that much burst. They have longer cast times, they are way more vulnerable and have a completely different playstyle.

Furthermore, the current state of the game is still heavily affected by our old patch. Most people have geared against Archers with great focus on physical defense. Once people have more time, they will eventually switch their gear to a more healthy balance of physical and magical defense.

I believe we should give everything more time. People will have to relearn the classes. There should not be an almighty, unstoppable class. Some classes are stronger in 1vs1s, some are better for crowd control and others have more reliable damage and survivability.

BTW: Now is the best time to show the world who the best Archer is. The good players will prevail because they can adapt to this situation.

Kind regards,
      [SGM] Shellfish
    • On my opinion mages have much more burst, with same weap and jewells than one archer its just press 3 skills and kill someome, ABB its a playstyle that needs more practise. Archers now are uselss, with 22 pvp and 35 skill jewells im dealing 150-287 crit dmg vs people with 20 eq, thats not nice.
      I appreciate the work of the new version, i enjoy many things, but warriors are not balanced now, archers are so bad and -3 crit (duno why), even the Ancient coins rewards are so expensive and with many clases you never can do many missions, 4200 to a withe horse, thinking (i repeat thinking) that you do 10 coins per day, 420 days to get it. Dont think about a bad appreciation what comunity say about the patch, be clever and use that info to make players happy and a great server...
      Edit: sorry for the bad eng xD
    • WalkingArcher wrote:

Just ask LoL players, you nerf their main and everyone quits you know.
      I agree that the nerf for archers was a bit harsh but here you are wrong. If Riot nerfs LoL players' main, they adapt not quit. Same as archers on this server should be doing. I personally quit playing archer because it was just way too easy one shotting everyone. It took literally no skill since abb is easy to do.
    • Archer is easy yea but only if u target stupid wizards, try to do huge pvp at same eq level vs other archers/warriors

Nascal wrote:

WalkingArcher wrote:

I agree that the nerf for archers was a bit harsh but here you are wrong. If Riot nerfs LoL players' main, they adapt not quit. Same as archers on this server should be doing. I personally quit playing archer because it was just way too easy one shotting everyone. It took literally no skill since abb is easy to do.
    • xRonf wrote:

Archer is easy yea but only if u target stupid wizards, try to do huge pvp at same eq level vs other archers/warriors

Nascal wrote:

WalkingArcher wrote:

I agree that the nerf for archers was a bit harsh but here you are wrong. If Riot nerfs LoL players' main, they adapt not quit. Same as archers on this server should be doing. I personally quit playing archer because it was just way too easy one shotting everyone. It took literally no skill since abb is easy to do

Well obviously you focus mages I don't see anything wrong with that. Archers are also pretty killable if they don't have priest buffs. And warriors are pretty easy to kill in big pvp if they position badly. Otherwise why would you focus them?
    • Nascal wrote:

xRonf wrote:

Archer is easy yea but only if u target stupid wizards, try to do huge pvp at same eq level vs other archers/warriors

Nascal wrote:

WalkingArcher wrote:

I agree that the nerf for archers was a bit harsh but here you are wrong. If Riot nerfs LoL players' main, they adapt not quit. Same as archers on this server should be doing. I personally quit playing archer because it was just way too easy one shotting everyone. It took literally no skill since abb is easy to do

Well obviously you focus mages I don't see anything wrong with that. Archers are also pretty killable if they don't have priest buffs. And warriors are pretty easy to kill in big pvp if they position badly. Otherwise why would you focus them?
      Im just trying to defend the class because u know there's no one class that's "easy" u have to know how to play it
    • xRonf wrote:

Nascal wrote:

xRonf wrote:

Nascal wrote:

WalkingArcher wrote:

Im just trying to defend the class because u know there's no one class that's "easy" u have to know how to play it
      I'm not saying that the class is easy but I personally quit playing archer because with a good weapon it was way too easy to oneshot people without almost any effort. That's why I think the nerf for archer was good. Maybe a little too much I don't know but anyway it was needed.
    • Sure the archer did a lot of dmg in the patch before, but thats the sense of the class...they can debuff and make dmg..thats it.
      we have atm so many mages in bog and ac..and if they are buffed i deal low dmg with +23 pvp weapon..its like 400-500 dmg max 700 and mages with +22 sickle are killing me in 2 sec (my eq full +21 pvp and one +22)..iduno guys.. we could start a survey "archer nerf good/ archer nerf bad" and than maybe we could talk about changing sth maybe like -1 or -2 basic skill iduno or not i just want to interact with u guys. Anyway ill submit to the results :)
      All spelling and grammatical mistakes are intentional :!:
      Visit my 4Ancient Youtube channel :)
      youtube.com/channel/UCAV_evMukq1aWsXn751SYkA/featured
    • WalkingArcher wrote:

Nascal wrote:

I agree that the nerf for archers was a bit harsh but here you are wrong. If Riot nerfs LoL players' main, they adapt not quit
      Yeah of course, if you are a yasuo main with bannana iq or a toxic riven who wont understand that flaming = defeat, and you play your champ bcs you liked it in season 2 then yes you adapt. If you want to get out of the elo hell and reach platinum-diamond/etc like i did then you dont adapt to the changes but to the metas. Translate the same for the current updates here and there you have it.
      P.S. If you are yasuo or riven main, im talking about the majority not everyone :D
      Well I mained Thresh and got dia 2 before I quit so yeah... Anyway there are lots of mains who keep playing their champion even though it's not meta because they can make it work. You are not maining a champion if you change it after it gets nerfed. That's not maining done right. (Elohell doesn't exist btw :P ) Same goes here: If you are good with archer you can still make it work. If you can't oneshot everyone with full buffs it doesn't mean archer is bad.
    • WalkingArcher wrote:

Nascal wrote:

Well I mained Thresh and got dia 2 before I quit so yeah... Anyway there are lots of mains who keep playing their champion even though it's not meta because they can make it work. You are not maining a champion if you change it after it gets nerfed. That's not maining done right. (Elohell doesn't exist btw ) Same goes here: If you are good with archer you can still make it work. If you can't oneshot everyone with full buffs it doesn't mean archer is bad.
      Yeah i know archer is not that bad that however doesnt mean that ancient compiler has to push it to its limits you know. I also used the term elohell because i thought u were a bronzer XD so i had to simplify things :D but i was wrong obviously. Now, meta champs or at least champs that carry hard is the key. I also quit playing lol because it got very simplified and friendly to 10 yos ,children dont understand the concept of skill and gameplay like older people do. I just couldnt imagine myself playing anymore with or against a toxic 10yo that playz minecraft & lol and its the best yasuo on server gg wp ez 1337
      Yeah well I agree that the nerf to archer was a bit extreme but it's still better than it was. I just hope he takes it back a little.