Character Invisibility BUG (AMD graphics)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Character Invisibility BUG (AMD graphics)

Hi there,

me and my friend wanted to join 4ancient a few days ago. We both had laggs in the beginning (Win10 both) so we tried the new bug fix suggested on the official youtube channel.
    For me it worked immediately, the laggs were solved and my game runs fluently now.

For my friend a new problem occured: the laggs were solved by using the suggested .dll files, but
    at the same time all characters, monsters and even the map disappeared.
    We then tried a few ways you suggested to fix this bug but nothing worked, the characters are invisible.
    We then compared our computers (as I mentioned above both Win10) and found, that he has his graphics made by AMD.
    Furthermore we checked the forum and found a lot more people talking about that "AMD bug"..

So after describing the problem here's our question: Does anyone know how he can fix this properly or did anyone have the same problem, too and fixed it by himself?

We would really love to play 4ancient together and are looking forward to your help.

Greets
    Mornius
  • Hello,

What kind of graphics card he have? integrated or dedicated card? (Give me the exact name of the card if you can please)
    Have you tried to uninstall graphics card driver and reinstall most recent ones? (If you have already lastest try to downgrade)
    Have you tried to modify the graphic setting of the game? (Like resolution/quality/fullscreen/shaders)

I hope someone know exactly your problem and i hope it will be fixed fast!

Have a nice day!
  • At the moment I can recommend three things:
    1. Check the minimum requirements on the 4ancient site (I'll write them under spoilers);
    2. As mentioned by Shinsen, try to lower the texture or game settings to medium or very low quality;
    3. Try updating the video card drivers.

Thank you for your attention, I hope in your update about the problem.

Kind regards.

Display Spoiler
    Operating system: Windows 2000/XP/Vista
    CPU: Pentinum4 1.6GHz
    RAM: 1024 Mb
    Graphics card: GeForce4 MX440 64Mb
    DirectX Version: DirectXX 9.0c
    HDD Disc: 2GB or more

I wanted to remind you that these are only the minimum ones!

If you want to know even the maxims, please visit 4Ancient - Download

The post was edited 1 time, last by ChevrITA ().

• Shinsen wrote:

Hello,

What kind of graphics card he have? integrated or dedicated card? (Give me the exact name of the card if you can please)
    Have you tried to uninstall graphics card driver and reinstall most recent ones? (If you have already lastest try to downgrade)
    Have you tried to modify the graphic setting of the game? (Like resolution/quality/fullscreen/shaders)

I hope someone know exactly your problem and i hope it will be fixed fast!

Have a nice day!
    Graphic card: AMD Radeon HD 6570, drivers are updated to the latest version..

He tried changing everything you suggested, unfortunately the problem wasn't solved :/

I will link him to the answer of ChevrlTA and keep you updated!

Thanks for all ideas so far!
  • Have you tried to reinstall the game and insert the .dll again?
    And are you sure you did everything right?

Shinsen wrote:

Try to downgrade the driver version if he have lastest.

Another point, it can be stupid but maybe it can work, try to launch 4Story with compatibility mode (Try W7 first and after that try XP SP3).

Keep us updated!
    It is not a compatibility problem otherwise the game did not open it..
  • ChevrITA wrote:

Have you tried to reinstall the game and insert the .dll again?
    And are you sure you did everything right?

Shinsen wrote:

Try to downgrade the driver version if he have lastest.

Another point, it can be stupid but maybe it can work, try to launch 4Story with compatibility mode (Try W7 first and after that try XP SP3).

Keep us updated!
    It is not a compatibility problem otherwise the game did not open it..
    I know but sometimes it fixes some errors in some games, let him try, it cost nothing
  • Mornius wrote:

Hi there,

me and my friend wanted to join 4ancient a few days ago. We both had laggs in the beginning (Win10 both) so we tried the new bug fix suggested on the official youtube channel.
    For me it worked immediately, the laggs were solved and my game runs fluently now.

For my friend a new problem occured: the laggs were solved by using the suggested .dll files, but
    We then tried a few ways you suggested to fix this bug but nothing worked, the characters are invisible.
    We then compared our computers (as I mentioned above both Win10) and found, that he has his graphics made by AMD.
    Furthermore we checked the forum and found a lot more people talking about that "AMD bug"..

So after describing the problem here's our question: Does anyone know how he can fix this properly or did anyone have the same problem, too and fixed it by himself?

We would really love to play 4ancient together and are looking forward to your help.

Greets
    Mornius
    I've just heard that it's a problem with your AMD, there is no solution but , maybe , this will be fixed with the 1.7 patch.
    It's nothing to be sure, I'll let you know through another message these days.
  • ChevrITA wrote:

Mornius wrote:

Hi there,

Greets
    Mornius
    I've just heard that it's a problem with your AMD, there is no solution but , maybe , this will be fixed with the 1.7 patch.It's nothing to be sure, I'll let you know through another message these days.
    Okay thank you though, looking forward to your message!