Getting started :)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Getting started :)

Hey,

I'm pretty "new" (was playing in 2010 and played once in 2014 till lvl 60 but it's a whole different game here) at this game, I'm playing this game with a friend but we're at lvl 16 and we've no idea how to get some money to get better equipment like +10 or something to not die so easily. We're doing the main quests, we've got only about 100s but 1 scroll costs 30s to upgrade something. I'm asking because we see people with low lvls with really good eq and we're shit.
      I'm not sure if docs make sense for us since we would die alone from the mobs :S I've read a lot of tutorials and tips on this forum but they're mostly for high-lvls

Could you also tell what are the rewards you would get for each 5th lvl? No idea if we will get something to upgrade at lvl 20 or 25 or maybe never. Ok, I've found the answer. So there are items only every 10 lvls?

Oh and the up-event, does the 35% mean for example if there's 1% chance to upgrade something will it be 1,35% or 36%?
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
      ░░░▀▀░▄gameforge ░▐▄▄▄▀░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

The post was edited 1 time, last by jarek: :) ().

• Welcome to the Server

Yes you'll get some stuff just from leveling up.
      The people you see with good eq are probably just leveling a new char.

As soon as you can handle the mobs, going into the doc pays off, as you farm more tears there. (from tears you can get tinctures which are worth 3g per piece).
      And 3g is probably all you need to upp everything to +8 or so. ;
      Wouldnt go for more as long as you cannot use lv34 equipment.

You can also use Bonuspoints in the cash shop to buy stuff but i would wait with that for the time being.

Concering the upps: if there is a 50% chance and it's a 35% upp event, the new chance is 67.5%.
      But while upping higher than +8, you'll want to use serependity potions to double your chances.
      Eg. from +13: 35% base chance * 2 (serependity) + 35*0.35(uppevent) = 82.25%
    • Thank you for your help, sadly I've used my bonus (about a 100) to buy me this scroll to use a 25 xbow, guess I fcked up :( but whatever. So we should give up on the missions and just xp and farm? I thought this server has 480% quest xp. And the second question is, will we still get the 10 magic scrolls and 10 up scrolls for lvl 20 with a letter (that's how it was in the original 4s)?
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    • ^^ 100 BP is really not too much, you will see later

Yes leveling up is always good ^^ You get some stuff directly to your cash-deposit, I don't know at what levels tho (I'm pretty sure at 20 you get some upp stuff)

The server does really have 480% quest exp^^ It would take so much longer to level without that.

So yes, maybe just level and farm to lvl20 and see what happens. I'm surprised you haven't gotten any tinctures from tears so far..?
    • I've had like 6 tears so far but I only got like speed and invisibility postions. Is it common to get tinctures?
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    • Valorian, nickname is: Frequencies
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    • @SlaveToTheRhythm Hi :)

@pidu2 You're really helpful, thank you :) Is there another way to get achievement points apart from winning wars (I think that's how you earn them lol)? I need 1 achievement point to buy the lvl 10 doc :D

Oh and the potions, are they 200s each or like 200s for 5?
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    • You're welcome.
      When i was in your level i also had these questions XD
      You get AP from
      - killing someone
      - dying/killing someone during the area war in one of the war areas(20.30-21.00)
      At the end of the war you get 50 LP for every north one and 70 lp for every south one that you died in (or killed someone). You see these areas when you press G -> Territory (or something like that ^^)
    • @DontStressMe
      Wow, thank you for the gift man :D

@pidu2
      I don't think it makes sense to join a war as lvl 16, but if I get points also for dying then why not :D
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
    • Another question, this one might be a bit more stupid considering that I've been lvl 60 on the offical 4story but I've never gotten into that, I could probably research it easily but I don't know if it's the same on this server.

The bonuses in a crossbow, necklace etc. how do I obtain them? As far I know it's possible with the runes catalysts but is there also another way or is it even possible on this server with runes? The other way would be with this magical scroll if I'm not mistaken. Is it right? Can I also apply bonuses to already upgraded items?

guidescroll.com/2011/07/4story-online-refinement-guide/
      I've found this tutorial, does it also apply to this server?
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░
      ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

The post was edited 2 times, last by jarek ().

• Big topic...
      Summarized:
      - You can use the scroll for 120s to put some first bonuses.
      - You cannot use the scroll to add bonuses to upped items or to items that already have some.
      - Otherwise you will most likely use runes and refine your item with 3 of them. (Use the 2 cash items for this... Book of Craftsmanship and Masters Letter)

But i think as long as you're "low", just buy items that already have bonuses ^^
    • Couldn't find one answer: is it possible to transfer bonuses with runes to an upgraded item? Let's say I upgraded my crossbow to +18 but forgot or didn't have enough money to transfer it some bonuses, can I still transfer bonuses to that xbow?
      ░░░░░░░░░░░█▀▀░░█░░░░░░
      ░░░░░░▄▀▀▀▀░░░░░█▄▄░░░░
      ░░░░░░█░█░░░░░░░░░░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░▐▐░░░░░░░░░▄░▐░░░
      ░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░▄▀▀░▐░░░
      ░░░░▄▀░░░░░░░░▐░▄▄▀░░░░
      ░░▄▀░░░▐░░░░░█▄▀░▐░░░░░
      ░░█░░░▐░░░░░░░░▄░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▄░░▀▄░░░░▄▀▐░█░░░░░
      ░░░█▐▀▀▀░▀▀▀▀░░▐░█░░░░░
      ░░▐█▐▄░░▀░░░░░░▐░█▄▄░░░