Evocater 'Enslave Monster' Skill

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Evocater 'Enslave Monster' Skill

So the Evocater's 'Enslave Monster' skill allows an Evo to take on any monster it kills and is a lower level than the character as it's pet. Its a very neat concept. The problem is the monster that is enslaved is utterly useless. :cursing:

Back in the day one could enslave different bosses with skills such as fear, freeze, and blind (dragon, dont remember the name) making the skill worth something. I have been enslaving monsters, or attempting to anyway, to see if there are skills somewhere but have not found any yet.

I propose either rolling back to the patch that allows an Evocater to enslave bosses WITH the skills OR changing the skill to a more modern use such as the three monsters that come up and attack for a certain amount of time.

Evo really kind of lacks a true skill that deals a large amount of damage like all other classes have. Sure we have the Spirit with the Pillar of Lava type skill but it doesnt hit as hard as the Mage's or an Archers Snpier or a Warrior's big hit (I dont remember the name of the skill). Not only would giving this skill a purpose make current evo's happy, it may bring a few more into the game - a class that really is not played/a main for most

'Balance' between classes is always talked about :saint: .

Anyway just a thought.

_'sphere
    • Mav wrote:

Evo really kind of lacks a true skill that deals a large amount of damage like all other classes have. Sure we have the Spirit with the Pillar of Lava type skill but it doesnt hit as hard as the Mage's or an Archers Snpier or a Warrior's big hit (I dont remember the name of the skill). Not only would giving this skill a purpose make current evo's happy, it may bring a few more into the game - a class that really is not played/a main for most

'Balance' between classes is always talked about :saint: .

Anyway just a thought.

_'sphere
      evo isnt meant to have dmg
      i dont disagree nor agree with you
      imo evo is fine as it is with the exception that the pet is paper atm
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub
      Hunter 10-0 every class u idiot
      Kill willco he is afk eating chicken
      Araya u got a pet lama OH YEAH YEAH
      Hi my name is Pascal (sorry for bad English)

youtube.com/channel/UCY1GIfRNb…lmvgWA?view_as=subscriber

• I mean sure every class has its place. Evo gains control while others move in for the kills and I understand that. However all other classes can deal very large amounts of damage very fast. Again the were 'balance' is always thrown around. Giving that extra attack to the class would give them a little more of a purpose in wars.

However I also agree that the pet is rediculusly flimsy. Half the time it cant even get through the AoEs let alone get a stun off.
    • Evo is good as it is. The only thing they need to do is fix a damn bugs that evo has. Like sometimes pet doesn't respond to commands, not working aggressive state when he waits, return, bugged pet spells after using teleport. Those are things that simply makes evo useless for example in crypta, u just can't play evo there. Although enslave maybe could bring little fun to evo as it would be up to skill of that player and how much he knows about monsters and then addapt his playstale by that knowledge.
    • i think they at least should make the evo pet attack when you do if its in defensive or aggressive stance, or maybe add some token attack skills for certain pets you can get, nothing terribly overpowered just something to make them serve different purposes, or give them a bit more utility, maybe a stun here, or a bleeding damage special attack there. nothing too crazy, but just a bit of spice and nuance to the class

on a more radical stance, maybe some way to gear your pet. i know it gets a chunk of your attack power already, but as a caveat to being able to gear it you could make it to where it doesn't get any of the caster's stats and gearing it becomes paramount if one wants an effective summon, and then you could gear it to be resistant to either physical or magic or some combination of the 2 depending on the roll you want it to play, might revitalize interest in the class.
    • Noxifer wrote:

i think they at least should make the evo pet attack when you do if its in defensive or aggressive stance, or maybe add some token attack skills for certain pets you can get, nothing terribly overpowered just something to make them serve different purposes, or give them a bit more utility, maybe a stun here, or a bleeding damage special attack there. nothing too crazy, but just a bit of spice and nuance to the class

on a more radical stance, maybe some way to gear your pet. i know it gets a chunk of your attack power already, but as a caveat to being able to gear it you could make it to where it doesn't get any of the caster's stats and gearing it becomes paramount if one wants an effective summon, and then you could gear it to be resistant to either physical or magic or some combination of the 2 depending on the roll you want it to play, might revitalize interest in the class.

its never going to happen , sry
      Besides if u want the pet to atack when u atack someone just keybind the pet auto atack and do it ... It's not rocket science
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Well I think the point about the pet attacking, especially in attack stance, is that we should never have to have that keybind.

That being said defense stance is just that, defence - meaning it will defend you or itself if either is damaged.

Attack stance needs to be worked on however to remove the glitches. When you set it to stun in attack I find that it doesn't always target and stun like it's supposed to.

As for the gear thing, I think that may sound good on paper but in reality would be terrible. First it's another set of gear you have to farm up (and I believe gear up for physical or magic would make the pet super overpowered). Second what happens to that gear when the pet dies? Third taking away damage would be detrimental to an already semi-underpowered class (I know I know it's not ment for damage). Furthermore that's a hell of alot of coding for a class that like 4 people play regularly. So I agree with Learze, won't happen.
    • Mav wrote:

Well I think the point about the pet attacking, especially in attack stance, is that we should never have to have that keybind.

That being said defense stance is just that, defence - meaning it will defend you or itself if either is damaged.

Attack stance needs to be worked on however to remove the glitches. When you set it to stun in attack I find that it doesn't always target and stun like it's supposed to.

As for the gear thing, I think that may sound good on paper but in reality would be terrible. First it's another set of gear you have to farm up (and I believe gear up for physical or magic would make the pet super overpowered). Second what happens to that gear when the pet dies? Third taking away damage would be detrimental to an already semi-underpowered class (I know I know it's not ment for damage). Furthermore that's a hell of alot of coding for a class that like 4 people play regularly. So I agree with Learze, won't happen.
      if its on aggressive stance it will attack if ppl are in range
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Delainer wrote:

Evo is good as it is. The only thing they need to do is fix a damn bugs that evo has. Like sometimes pet doesn't respond to commands, not working aggressive state when he waits, return, bugged pet spells after using teleport. Those are things that simply makes evo useless for example in crypta, u just can't play evo there. Although enslave maybe could bring little fun to evo as it would be up to skill of that player and how much he knows about monsters and then addapt his playstale by that knowledge.
      The problem with crypta is the non functioning pathfinding your pet has. The pet has no real AI. So the only thing it can do is follow simple commands. But when you got an on object in your direct line of sight, the pet doesn't know what to do, because it think the path is blocked, even though it isn't. So it will do nothing and you got a lot of random objects and props in the crypta. So you have to actually pass the object and have a free view to your targert, in order for your pet to attack. Also I think when your pet is "waiting", he wont be aggresive. He can only be aggresive if he follows you.
    • Evocator needs no changes at all. It's hard to play class but on the other hand if u know how to play it, it's overpowered. The only thing I agree with is remove object blocking for pet. You can see it on newer patches they already done that evo's pet can shoot through every object. Maybe it will just boost this class but really if you've never played evo u don't know how annoying is sometimes when that spirit just dont listen to you. It's hard to explain you would understand it if you'd play evo. And yes in some areas like crypta where there are lot's of ivisible textures and objects it's simple impossible to play evo. I personally in crypta use pet just for damage split cause otherwise I would smash my pc. So please instead of these BS ideas with armor concentrate on reporting evo bugs and try to explain it otherwise you wont help evo at all.
      EDIT:

Paddy369 wrote:

Delainer wrote:

Evo is good as it is. The only thing they need to do is fix a damn bugs that evo has. Like sometimes pet doesn't respond to commands, not working aggressive state when he waits, return, bugged pet spells after using teleport. Those are things that simply makes evo useless for example in crypta, u just can't play evo there. Although enslave maybe could bring little fun to evo as it would be up to skill of that player and how much he knows about monsters and then addapt his playstale by that knowledge.
      The problem with crypta is the non functioning pathfinding your pet has. The pet has no real AI. So the only thing it can do is follow simple commands. But when you got an on object in your direct line of sight, the pet doesn't know what to do, because it think the path is blocked, even though it isn't. So it will do nothing and you got a lot of random objects and props in the crypta. So you have to actually pass the object and have a free view to your targert, in order for your pet to attack. Also I think when your pet is "waiting", he wont be aggresive. He can only be aggresive if he follows you.
      Sorry I didn't read this. This is exactly what I'm trying to explain and it should be fixed somehow. With that waiting and aggresive state, yes he is only aggresive when he follows you but I think he should be aggresive in waiting state too. If I want him to be passive in waiting I have passive mode. Cause really u can't control pet when u just order him to sit.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Delainer ().

• Delainer wrote:

Evocator needs no changes at all. It's hard to play class but on the other hand if u know how to play it, it's overpowered. The only thing I agree with is remove object blocking for pet. You can see it on newer patches they already done that evo's pet can shoot through every object. Maybe it will just boost this class but really if you've never played evo u don't know how annoying is sometimes when that spirit just dont listen to you. It's hard to explain you would understand it if you'd play evo. And yes in some areas like crypta where there are lot's of ivisible textures and objects it's simple impossible to play evo. I personally in crypta use pet just for damage split cause otherwise I would smash my pc. So please instead of these BS ideas with armor concentrate on reporting evo bugs and try to explain it otherwise you wont help evo at all.
      i sent videos about evo bugs and im still waiting for the fixes , its been around 6/7 months maybe ^^
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Laerze wrote:

Delainer wrote:

Evocator needs no changes at all. It's hard to play class but on the other hand if u know how to play it, it's overpowered. The only thing I agree with is remove object blocking for pet. You can see it on newer patches they already done that evo's pet can shoot through every object. Maybe it will just boost this class but really if you've never played evo u don't know how annoying is sometimes when that spirit just dont listen to you. It's hard to explain you would understand it if you'd play evo. And yes in some areas like crypta where there are lot's of ivisible textures and objects it's simple impossible to play evo. I personally in crypta use pet just for damage split cause otherwise I would smash my pc. So please instead of these BS ideas with armor concentrate on reporting evo bugs and try to explain it otherwise you wont help evo at all.
      i sent videos about evo bugs and im still waiting for the fixes , its been around 6/7 months maybe ^^
      I would really like to see that, can you send a link?
    • Paddy369 wrote:

Laerze wrote:

Delainer wrote:

I would really like to see that, can you send a link?
      i will private message u gayforge is targetting my videos
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Delainer wrote:

EDIT:

i dont think i've ever seen any evo that was able to kill me, even if they got the drop on me, so i dont think evo is overpowered in any situation, considering their relative clunkiness to play and dirth of offensive capability, its like i said, every other game with a pet class knows to make your pet attack when you do, having to tell it to is silly, some go so far as to make it use its skills automatically but i think in this particular case thats unnecessary.

the defensive stance in those games operates thusly: if you are "in combat" the pet considers you "under attack" and will fight the moment combat is initiated and until the fight is over or you/them are dead, in this game there doesn't seem to be a "combat" state, and everything that would be keyed to work with such a state seems to function mostly freeform, like health or mana regen is keyed instead to how long its been since you were attacked, rather than based on whether combat is initiated with an enemy, in this particular circumstance if you consider a combat state to be standard issue to these games, that would make this whole system a bug.
    • Noxifer wrote:

Delainer wrote:

EDIT:
      i dont think i've ever seen any evo that was able to kill me, even if they got the drop on me, so i dont think evo is overpowered in any situation, considering their relative clunkiness to play and dirth of offensive capability, its like i said, every other game with a pet class knows to make your pet attack when you do, having to tell it to is silly, some go so far as to make it use its skills automatically but i think in this particular case thats unnecessary.

the defensive stance in those games operates thusly: if you are "in combat" the pet considers you "under attack" and will fight the moment combat is initiated and until the fight is over or you/them are dead, in this game there doesn't seem to be a "combat" state, and everything that would be keyed to work with such a state seems to function mostly freeform, like health or mana regen is keyed instead to how long its been since you were attacked, rather than based on whether combat is initiated with an enemy, in this particular circumstance if you consider a combat state to be standard issue to these games, that would make this whole system a bug.
      sometimes u don't want your pet to attack every one on sight even while fighting , I like to chose my targets and I have no problems whatsoever in having to press a key for my pet to start attacking and whatnot , I don't think it's needs fixing or tweaking
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• I suppose I can see what hes saying, however I agree with Laerze I dont see the need to change this part.

Though I do agree with the general 'clunkyness' of the class (as in pet tracking/disappearing, pet not attacking when you tell it to, stances sometimes not working, lower damage, etc). Yes it can be effective in any fight but if we're talking balance (and in this case we say the evo is balanced) then why dont we see more people playing it? Yes its a challenge to play. But if we are talking true balance then there would be more than like 5ish active evos.

I do believe still however (the initial point of the post) that at the very least we should be able to evo different bosses around Iberia with different abilities. This would allow the user to customize how they approach every situation since they may have another pet with certain abilities.

Now a more radical idea with pets is 'training (or leveling)' the pet and having a skill tree only based on the pet. This would allow for all sorts of customization to the class and bring people into not only the class but the server (considering it would be unique). Start with physical/magic mobs can get any of like 3 or 4 skills and eventually way down the line, if it takes off, make them unique to each type of mob - beast, humanioid, human, etc. I understand the rediculus amount of coding that would have to go into this however like i mentioned, it would extremely unique to the server and may draw in more people not only to the class but the server itself.

Just a thought. :)
    • I don't understand why certain classes remain unchanged, while others are even buffed. Always leaving the same classes to rot in the game. An example is the implementation of the warrior's reflex damage in a defensive position and the speed of the ax that has remained unchanged. While classes like the priest have not had any changes, buffs and purification are really slow and cannot be done even while walking.

Obviously there is also the summoner under fire. I agree to fix the pet that does not always respond correctly to orders and a simple obstacle, even invisible, does not make it move even a millimeter. It makes crazy! Furthermore, rather than making it possible to evoke bosses, including their skills, i agree to summon three monsters that attack a single target. In this way it would fill, even if only slightly, the reduced damage of the summoner. By the way it's not new, it's implemented in the official and in many other private servers.
      That skill is useless for the moment, it has no use. I understand that the old style of play must be maintained, but if this were the case, they should not even implement new things in other classes (for example reflex damage from the warrior).
    • The reason for Priest not receiving a buff is simply that it is already really powerful, the purification % is set to go up at the next patch (to 85% I think) but other than that it doesn't need further buffs

I agree with you that instant cast of purification would feel great as a priest but it is already not too hard to cast it and I think it is fine as it is
      16.1: In the forum it is only allowed to write English.

INTERNATIONAL Server
      ᗜԅ(⇀︿⇀)ᓄ-¤]═────
    • Im just gonna bring this part of my last post back up because it seems to have been overlooked

"Now a more radical idea with pets is 'training (or leveling)' the pet and having a skill tree only based on the pet. This would allow for all sorts of customization to the class and bring people into not only the class but the server (considering it would be unique). Start with physical/magic mobs can get any of like 3 or 4 skills and eventually way down the line, if it takes off, make them unique to each type of mob - beast, humanioid, human, etc. I understand the rediculus amount of coding that would have to go into this however like i mentioned, it would extremely unique to the server and may draw in more people not only to the class but the server itself."

What do people think about something like that? Honestly if it was implemented on any server (even official) I would be intrigued enough to download/create an evo there to check it out.