Two TW Times (Euro time and North American time)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Two TW Times (Euro time and North American time)

As the server continues to grow in activity and attract new players from around the world, the main pvp event of the day - Territory Wars - is unavailable to a large number of players due to work, school, or sleep. Territory Wars is a critical event as it sets up castle wars on the weekend but also gives guilds a true purpose and point of pride.

My proposed solution would be to create two TW times every day.

-One at the traditional time as it currently stands today, which largely caters to European time zones.
      -The second at 7:15pm central standard time, which would be 6 hours later and thereby catering to North American and South American players.

Both TW times would aggregate points separately, so for example if a guild took a fort on Monday it would remain their fort on Tuesday for that particular TW time. For the second TW, the forts would reset to allow a new sequence of fort ownership that would remain in tact the subsequent day. As both TW times aggregate points, there would be separate Castle War matchups on Sunday.

I think if this is implemented, the server can add a whole additional layer of players that can also enjoy the main event of 4story - Territory / Castle Wars.

Thoughts?

Geal
    • Gealdorr wrote:

As the server continues to grow in activity and attract new players from around the world, the main pvp event of the day - Territory Wars - is unavailable to a large number of players due to work, school, or sleep. Territory Wars is a critical event as it sets up castle wars on the weekend but also gives guilds a true purpose and point of pride.

-One at the traditional time as it currently stands today, which largely caters to European time zones.
      -The second at 7:15pm central standard time, which would be 6 hours later and thereby catering to North American and South American players.

Both TW times would aggregate points separately, so for example if a guild took a fort on Monday it would remain their fort on Tuesday for that particular TW time. For the second TW, the forts would reset to allow a new sequence of fort ownership that would remain in tact the subsequent day. As both TW times aggregate points, there would be separate Castle War matchups on Sunday.

I think if this is implemented, the server can add a whole additional layer of players that can also enjoy the main event of 4story - Territory / Castle Wars.

Thoughts?

Geal
      I would love to see something like this in future as well : )
      But there are other things coming as well like aerial wars and other things so we will see.
    • Gealdorr wrote:

Thoughts?

Geal
      tw at 7am EU time ? Nice man u can get every territory this way !!!
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub
      Hunter 10-0 every class u idiot
      Kill willco he is afk eating chicken
      Araya u got a pet lama OH YEAH YEAH
      Hi my name is Pascal (sorry for bad English)

youtube.com/channel/UCY1GIfRNb…lmvgWA?view_as=subscriber

• DELETE INVI POTS wrote:

Gealdorr wrote:

Thoughts?

Geal
      It wouldn't impact the original TW time anyway, this would just be another pvp event for players in another time zone that cannot attend the current event since its 11am-2pm in North America.
    • Gealdorr wrote:

DELETE INVI POTS wrote:

Gealdorr wrote:

Thoughts?

Geal
      It wouldn't impact the original TW time anyway, this would just be another pvp event for players in another time zone that cannot attend the current event since its 11am-2pm in North America.
      why do it then? if it doesn't have any kind of impact? u wouldn't get pvp as well u would just take free territories
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

Gealdorr wrote:

DELETE INVI POTS wrote:

Gealdorr wrote:

Thoughts?

Geal
      why do it then? if it doesn't have any kind of impact? u wouldn't get pvp as well u would just take free territories
      The two TW are independent of eachother. Anything that happens in TW #1 or TW #2 does not impact the other or change the matchup in castle wars Sunday. They are pvp guild events catering to different time zones. Your assuming no one would play at 7:15pm, but that is very far from the truth.

Here is another way to think about it. If Ancient Compiler opened another server for North Americans, with a TW time of 7:15pm, their would be a population of the base that would go to that server. Or maybe another developer/company tries to launch one. But by doing that you would separate the 4s player base as well as reduce the game economy and pvp. Instead of opening another server, you introduce a second TW time on this server and keep all the players and the economy in one place.

Here are the benefits:

-There is currently no server out there for North American players (GF GOA closed and Zemi Global closed).
      -There are a lot of players on this server that currently cannot make the 20:15 TW time due to work, sleep or school. They would only have a chance to participate on weekends.
      -There are current North American and South American players that no longer play 4s, that would be interested in playing on a server in which they can play in TW.
      -You would increase the game economy by increasing the player base, and encourage pvp opportunities around the clock.
      -The two TWs run independent of eachother, so if your guild wants to focus on one of the TWs and not the other that is fine. However if some players can attend both, well that's just more pvp fun.

Negatives:

None
    • TrueRandom wrote:

I dont think this is really possible, since the majority of players are coming from EU. In addition, its hard to implement a second TW because it would change the whole balance of territories etc.
      The majority of players are coming from the EU, because TW is during EU time. That's the whole point of offering TW #2, to attract North American players to the same server.

The TW #1 results would reset for TW #2, so they would not change the balance of territories.

If your guild in TW2 took all the tyco forts on Monday, on Tuesday they would still be your guilds tyco forts to defend. Same thing goes for TW1. They would run independent and parallel of eachother. The only thing that would be impact is non-TW time for portal rights. I would propose outside of TW time, except 2 hours before and 2 hours after TW2, all the fort factions would be reflective of the results of TW1.
    • Well,
      1st: I think programming a second TW would be pretty hard and they could put more effort in other PvP modes or new updates and all would benefit from that, also NA players
      2nd: Why do you care so much about TWs? Just join a international guild, they will get territories and you can be in a guild with fame and territories. The pvp at TWs isnt the best anyways and often all territories besides one are being dropped after 5 minutes. You can still appreciate other pvp events like bog, crypta or doc. Often the pvp there is better than the pvp in TWs.

Overall, i still agree that they should add more PvP-Events during nights or between 14.00 - 16.00 o 'clock. It wouldnt be that hard to simply implement 3 more BOGs or Crypta Events.
    • Gealdorr wrote:

The two TW are independent of eachother. Anything that happens in TW #1 or TW #2 does not impact the other or change the matchup in castle wars Sunday. They are pvp guild events catering to different time zones. Your assuming no one would play at 7:15pm, but that is very far from the truth.
      Here is another way to think about it. If Ancient Compiler opened another server for North Americans, with a TW time of 7:15pm, their would be a population of the base that would go to that server. Or maybe another developer/company tries to launch one. But by doing that you would separate the 4s player base as well as reduce the game economy and pvp. Instead of opening another server, you introduce a second TW time on this server and keep all the players and the economy in one place.

Here are the benefits:

-There is currently no server out there for North American players (GF GOA closed and Zemi Global closed).
      -There are a lot of players on this server that currently cannot make the 20:15 TW time due to work, sleep or school. They would only have a chance to participate on weekends.
      -There are current North American and South American players that no longer play 4s, that would be interested in playing on a server in which they can play in TW.
      -You would increase the game economy by increasing the player base, and encourage pvp opportunities around the clock.
      -The two TWs run independent of eachother, so if your guild wants to focus on one of the TWs and not the other that is fine. However if some players can attend both, well that's just more pvp fun.

Negatives:

None
      theres what like 15-35 USA players ? correct me if im wrong
      theres around 150-200 players (according to the discord bot) on at 7am i bet(im pretty sure lol) 85% of those are afk shops , so that leaves 15% of active players , to my knowledge the only USA guild that exists is 3kings in derion , valo is overrun by germans atm , so you would be fighting nothing , i dont think there is a problem at least at this moment , maybe in the future who knows
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

Gealdorr wrote:

Here are the benefits:

Negatives:

None
      theres what like 15-35 USA players ? correct me if im wrongtheres around 150-200 players (according to the discord bot) on at 7am i bet(im pretty sure lol) 85% of those are afk shops , so that leaves 15% of active players , to my knowledge the only USA guild that exists is 3kings in derion , valo is overrun by germans atm , so you would be fighting nothing , i dont think there is a problem at least at this moment , maybe in the future who knows
      I see your point in terms of the current status. Though I am thinking about this in the near term and long term and also as a way to encourage people to play (via social media or gaming communities). If a USA player for example works from 8am - 5pm central standard time (cst) and misses TW everyday unless they can make it on the weekend, they may not be inclined to invest time/money in the server in the first place. If they know they can attend TW #2, then also mess around with pvp in other smaller events, it would be a stronger attraction.
    • TrueRandom wrote:

Well,
      1st: I think programming a second TW would be pretty hard and they could put more effort in other PvP modes or new updates and all would benefit from that, also NA players
      2nd: Why do you care so much about TWs? Just join a international guild, they will get territories and you can be in a guild with fame and territories. The pvp at TWs isnt the best anyways and often all territories besides one are being dropped after 5 minutes. You can still appreciate other pvp events like bog, crypta or doc. Often the pvp there is better than the pvp in TWs.

Overall, i still agree that they should add more PvP-Events during nights or between 14.00 - 16.00 o 'clock. It wouldnt be that hard to simply implement 3 more BOGs or Crypta Events.
      100% agreed on programming. I have no idea if this is possible or would be too difficult, but if its fairly simple to do I think it would create a large impact on the server in terms of activity.

Coming from Global and GOA, guilds were centered around TW and it was the largest pvp event of the day. Maybe TW could become that again as well, if we think its worth the investment to implement. Though I do agree with you, the more pvp events the better.
    • TrueRandom wrote:

Well,

crypta is absolutely horrible for pvp
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Casher Fighter-Fallendy wrote:

Nah i disagree so hard.

Still, if there is 2 TW independant, and what if I want to do both? We are on the same server so i should be able to...
      There is literally no downside to this. What are you against? lol

You can do both, nothing would be stopping you. If you or your guild want to participate in both TW you can, but the point aggregation to determine which guild goes to CW is separate for TW 1 and TW 2. Maybe the result is you attack Hesed for TW 1, and defend Tyco in TW 2.
    • So do you think it would be better for North American / South American players to go to a different server that offers TW at a time they can make during the week? This way we can create an even larger community around the clock, and the server owners can make more money.

A German guild will always be more active for TW 1 and an American guild will always be more active for TW 2 just due to time zones.

• Gealdorr wrote:

So do you think it would be better for North American / South American players to go to a different server that offers TW at a time they can make during the week? This way we can create an even larger community around the clock, and the server owners can make more money.

A German guild will always be more active for TW 1 and an American guild will always be more active for TW 2 just due to time zones.
      yes go in another server if you want it :x international server mean same time for everyone, not one for each country.
      I need to spamm for warlord forum that's why Im doing it pls no delete no bann

ez warlord