Two TW Times (Euro time and North American time)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Casher Fighter-Fallendy wrote:

Gealdorr wrote:

So do you think it would be better for North American / South American players to go to a different server that offers TW at a time they can make during the week? This way we can create an even larger community around the clock, and the server owners can make more money.

A German guild will always be more active for TW 1 and an American guild will always be more active for TW 2 just due to time zones.
      yes go in another server if you want it :x international server mean same time for everyone, not one for each country.
      Its not for everyone is people are unable to attend due to time zone conflicts.

Again an additional TW time would not impact the game as it currently stands. Just another opportunity for PVP for players in another time zone. From a server business perspective, it would be better to expand the player base and cash shop opportunity versus open another server and incur more overhead cost of maintenance etc.
    • Gealdorr wrote:

Casher Fighter-Fallendy wrote:

Gealdorr wrote:

So do you think it would be better for North American / South American players to go to a different server that offers TW at a time they can make during the week? This way we can create an even larger community around the clock, and the server owners can make more money.

A German guild will always be more active for TW 1 and an American guild will always be more active for TW 2 just due to time zones.
      yes go in another server if you want it :x international server mean same time for everyone, not one for each country.
      Its not for everyone is people are unable to attend due to time zone conflicts.
      Again an additional TW time would not impact the game as it currently stands. Just another opportunity for PVP for players in another time zone. From a server business perspective, it would be better to expand the player base and cash shop opportunity versus open another server and incur more overhead cost of maintenance etc.
      It wouldnt really impact the game, you're right. But tell me, how many players from America are playing on this server? 15? It simply isnt worth it for the server owners,even though its sad for you.
    • I think another way to look at this would be to split areas by rotation, for example:

Week 1: Ardir and Gebra GMT, Hesed and Tyco EST

Week 2: Ardir and Gebra EST, Hesed and Tyco GMT

This would give access to both groups of players to all castles on a rotation. While not ideal (all players in same timezone) it would give people a way to play. It would also increase engagement from an entirely new timezone, which would increase donations to the game, help improve the server, gather a larger player base.... All the good stuff.

Thoughts?
    • Gealdorr wrote:

i doubt there is any server with your time zone lul at least as populated and as good as 4a
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub
      Hunter 10-0 every class u idiot
      Kill willco he is afk eating chicken
      Araya u got a pet lama OH YEAH YEAH
      Hi my name is Pascal (sorry for bad English)

youtube.com/channel/UCY1GIfRNb…lmvgWA?view_as=subscriber

• Ingenious wrote:

I think another way to look at this would be to split areas by rotation, for example:

Week 1: Ardir and Gebra GMT, Hesed and Tyco EST

Week 2: Ardir and Gebra EST, Hesed and Tyco GMT

This would give access to both groups of players to all castles on a rotation. While not ideal (all players in same timezone) it would give people a way to play. It would also increase engagement from an entirely new timezone, which would increase donations to the game, help improve the server, gather a larger player base.... All the good stuff.

Thoughts?
      what do you mean? split the areas? are u insane? theres only 15-20 usa players , they either adapt or leave the server , sad but true
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• TrueRandom wrote:

I dont think this is really possible, since the majority of players are coming from EU. In addition, its hard to implement a second TW because it would change the whole balance of territories etc.
      No i think with alot of NA players here it might be a good idea, and with alot of the EU players playing on diff times as well, half of them would join in as well 100%, It woulnd;t just be free territorries, and also with this implemented would bring more players. And to correct some people there are alot of North american players, not just a few as most of you think.
    • BubblesEN wrote:

TrueRandom wrote:

I dont think this is really possible, since the majority of players are coming from EU. In addition, its hard to implement a second TW because it would change the whole balance of territories etc.
      No i think with alot of NA players here it might be a good idea, and with alot of the EU players playing on diff times as well, half of them would join in as well 100%, It woulnd;t just be free territorries, and also with this implemented would bring more players. And to correct some people there are alot of North american players, not just a few as most of you think.
      Not enough atm
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• DELETE INVI POTS wrote:

BubblesEN wrote:

TrueRandom wrote:

Not enough atm
      Have you ever heard of the quote "If you build it, they will come?"
    • BubblesEn, then please give us numbers of "active" US - Players. On Valorian, the biggest 2 guilds are full of germans and they each have about 4 groups. Then there are some other guilds, but the most Ppl are from Germany or Poland. Thus, a second TW, which would maybe even harm the first one of the day, isn't simply worth it. But since even you, Bubbles, think that it could be worth, please drop some numbers of active US players.
    • Gealdorr wrote:

DELETE INVI POTS wrote:

BubblesEN wrote:

TrueRandom wrote:

Not enough atm
      Have you ever heard of the quote "If you build it, they will come?"
      have u ever heard of the "it won't happen" , it just won't lol
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Gealdorr wrote:

DELETE INVI POTS wrote:

I see your point in terms of the current status. Though I am thinking about this in the near term and long term and also as a way to encourage people to play (via social media or gaming communities). If a USA player for example works from 8am - 5pm central standard time (cst) and misses TW everyday unless they can make it on the weekend, they may not be inclined to invest time/money in the server in the first place. If they know they can attend TW #2, then also mess around with pvp in other smaller events, it would be a stronger attraction.
      This is quite literally the reason I wont put money in.

I will say however that I dont know how the duel TWs would work running separate from each other. Who gets the castle for the week if there are duel TWs/CWs? Also I saw mentioned about the portals... changing them 2hr before and after... just seems like a headache to keep track of as a player - let alone attempting to figure out the programming behind this.

I also understand there are worries about being able to take all the forts because there is no one on the other side to defend. First, in time this will even out. Second, there are players from EU on all times of the night - maybe not as many but nothing would be 'free free.'

Ive been saying someone needs to open a NA server for years now... Especially one like this (old school, can farm most mats, etc). I think it would bring alot of people back to the game and with the proper support and marketing could become as big and grow as the original 4ancient (or any private server) has.

***Hey ancientcompiler, dont you have a set of old server hardware now since you migrated this to a new one? lol***

-Mav
    • This idea has been floated around for a decade.

Here are a couple thoughts on the matter:

The USA time zone players base is larger on the server than the negative posters in this thread know, so they are typing from a naive mindset.

Secondly the largest server for this game came from the US players base and was poorly managed by hosting company as to it's down fall. At it's height we had 1200 players on for AC, now called TW. So would adding a second TW be a good thing? Possible, I know there is a group of players bringing back allot of the old school (USA players) that got disillusioned with the game when the management went for cash grabs and didn't listen to the community. The down side is twice the amount of free castle stones available, speeding up the pvp weapon progression.

Lastly would be if the current hosting company can handle the volume of players and lag problems. Server migration ect. would have to be considered.
    • PKGhost wrote:

Lastly would be if the current hosting company can handle the volume of players and lag problems. Server migration ect. would have to be considered.
      it cant , it cant even hold 100 players in one place lol and we have "the best host there is"
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub