Document 90 - Colossus Mountains

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Document 90 - Colossus Mountains

Hello!
      My suggestion is to open Doc 90 (at least for mission war).
      Patch 1.8 is far from arrival and we still have huge gaps in the timetable, wich lead to many situations where you find yourself in Markut or Keter without many options of doing something (only stuff that comes to my mind immediately are farming or dueling)

However that's not the main reason why I suggest this.
      The reason why, is that I heavily dislike the map of Doc 80 and I think that many people agree with me.

It is a very thin lane on the Valorian side. The pvp at this side mostly revolves around which side gets the first fear of because almost everyone will get hit by it ... and placing aoes without pulling the boss.
      This side also offers a huge advantage for Derion because they have a hill that covers the whole lane and from wich you can easily initiate engages. (This hill can only be entered from the Derion side, Valorian would have to run a long way around the hill and that even through mob groups that they would pull into the pvp zone)

The Derion side is a cone, it's very narrow at their portal but gets more open the further you advance into the direction of Valorian, for that reason it is really hard to come back for Derion if they are being pushed back to the portal (This side also offers a hill but it's really small and dangerous to use because it is very close to the portal)

The only thing that I like about this map is the hideout of the wise (the wide area on the low ground) because it can offer a tactical use, but it is hard to use becaue you only have 2 ways to leave (wich are very narrow and lead upwards, meaning that mages are unable to teleport engage, also they have walls on their sides so you shouldn't expect to be supported (heals/shields)) but the place can be entered from any place so you can expect to be ganked.

Doc 90 however offers the exact opposite to this map, a large and widely open area which gives more wiggle room for meele classes and makes mage engages a little less powerful

(This Video has no relation to me and only serves for showing the mission zone so no comment on that please)

I also loved the atmosphere of this Zone when playing it on the official, not to mention that it was the last area I saw before leaving the game (Level 97)

My main suggestion ends here but I had some ideas for the then unused Areas.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As I said this suggestion goes mainly for the Mission War but why stop there? As the levelcap is not going to be increased there is a lot of space on the map that would be unused.

I had some things come into my mind when thinking about Doc 90

- Ofc the Sphor Guard could be added as usual in the Documents

- The normal mobs could be added and have tincs/arcane reagents /serendipity potions and masters formula as their drops, but they should keep their high level so you would have to farm them as a group (this would add the first group farming possibility to the game and attract some PvP as well)
      - Their drops should increase by 10% per level, making farming the higher level mobs more valuable while still maintaining value on lower level mobs if you are unable to farm the highest level

- Rare spawns (possibly just larger Versions of the normal "boss" mobs of that Zone with custom abilities and a unique name) (They should be really strong so you would HAVE to search for a full group)
      Their drops could possibly be
      - Blue jewels with 8/~150 stats and rarely 9 or very rare 10 (11 would be too much imo but trash drops wouldn't be fair either for rare spawns)
      - Serendipity potions x3 and/or 2.5x
      - 1.000 BP
      - Maybe White-mount and costume treasure chests
      - Possibly a mount-chest unique to them so if you see one, you will want to kill it
      - They should spawn lesss often than the Sphor Guard in my opinion but every spot should have its own spawn and timer

- The "dragon invasion" could be used as a kind of World boss spawn for doc 90
      - (Unfortunately I couldn't find a good video about this but you can find it under "4story - Dragon invasion" on YouTube if it's unknown to you)
      - (I know that this one in particular might be a bit controversial but remember that all of these are just ideas and suggestions)

- Player kills inside the document could give "Tokens" similar to Ancient Coins with which you could buy upgrade materials / arcanes / maybe even special - time limited mounts that you would have to rebuy when they run out

- Some of the mobs could be made summonable for evocators and could have abilities to add some diversity to it (Coming back to the "Evocators should be able to summon selected bosses" topic from Novac) (just an idea, don't hit me pls)

I think all of this could make for a good "endgame" area that you will want to visit even outside of mission war once you are max. Level
      - It offers PvP
      - PvE
      - 1st possible group farming
      - It would bring Famers out of the dungeons, into the world letting them interact with other players and would bring a compromise to PvP players
      - Some rare spawns
      - The possibility to get Items to enhance your gear
      - In my opinion it would be better farming than d75 and 2nd battle
      - Better (balanced) map for mission war
      - A lot of player have seen and played this Zone as their last and (even though there were already a lot of bad changes made at that patch) it would add some nostalgia (at least for me)
      And most important - It would get people outside of Markut and Keter

I already asked Ancient Compiler twice about this (Doc 90's mission war, not the ideas what to do with the Zones)

- The first time it was about the mission war and the map of d80
      His answer (not exact) - "We could open it for mission war only"

- The second time is was about mostly the lack of PvP and Gaps between Events but also about open world PvP
      His answer (not exact) - "Opening Doc90 wouldn't help the current PvP situation"

I personally disagree with the second statement, at least to some extent, adding Doc90 (as an odd mission ofc) gives the opportunity to go to another Event where you will surely have some PvP (but yes, ofc it's true that it doesn't help with the open world PvP problem so no comment on that)

Even tho I would love to see Doc 90 getting implemented as a choice, I don't want to force the open of another max. doc, I personally would be fine already if doc 80 would be set to 80-89 and for max Level you would have Doc90. (The times of the even/odd doc's would obviously have to get exchanged to fit the (future) timetable.)

I'd like to hear your opinion on this!
      - Doc 90 Yes or no?
      - If yes, only mission war or add some interesting stuff to the map?
      - Also, keep Doc 80? or only Doc 90?
      - What are your thoughts about my ideas for it?
      - Do you agree with the statements of Ancient?

If you have more ideas to this just write them down below and I add them

(For every "Fuck PvE" Player, don't forget that the farming possibilities would also add PvP potential by bringing Farmers to the accessible world)
      (And for all old-school fanatics please take in mind that this is only a "map" and I don't consider it less old-school than Mirhur)
      16.1: In the forum it is only allowed to write English.

INTERNATIONAL Server
      ᗜԅ(⇀︿⇀)ᓄ-¤]═────

The post was edited 1 time, last by Asera ().

• Asera wrote:

Laerze pls, this is no Thread about Invibility Potions
      sorry sorry i love the idea thou +1 , never gonna happen thou at least not this year or in the next 2 years XD
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub
      Hunter 10-0 every class u idiot
      Kill willco he is afk eating chicken
      Araya u got a pet lama OH YEAH YEAH
      Hi my name is Pascal (sorry for bad English)

youtube.com/channel/UCY1GIfRNb…lmvgWA?view_as=subscriber

• I think it's a very good idea, specially on the social farming part. Usually, if you want to make fast money, you spend a lot of time alone in dungeons. Reinforcing the social aspect of the game is a crucial thing imo. For me, Colossus Mountains are, like, in the limit of Old School, it was still fun up until there. That giant Dragon boss in the middle of that plain area was an awesome battle, cause it truly forced you to be in heck big groups.
    • Nuiteur wrote:

I think it's a very good idea, specially on the social farming part. Usually, if you want to make fast money, you spend a lot of time alone in dungeons. Reinforcing the social aspect of the game is a crucial thing imo. For me, Colossus Mountains are, like, in the limit of Old School, it was still fun up until there. That giant Dragon boss in the middle of that plain area was an awesome battle, cause it truly forced you to be in heck big groups.
      You summed it up, Thanks !

INTERNATIONAL Server
      ᗜԅ(⇀︿⇀)ᓄ-¤]═────
    • It's a great idea.
      The mission zone for pvp should be added at least. And it could be improved with more content later.

However I'm not sure about the coexistence of doc 80 and doc 90. I'm not sure but I think the community would have a preference (probably doc 90) and would ignore the other, not so liked document. So I think doc 90 war should be held in every hour and doc 80 should be turned into a dedicated leveling zone (a bit increased monster xp). I mean leveling from 80 to 90 is kind of hard.

About pve content: It's also a great idea. A normal mage can make about 20g/h in dung 75 (including the tears). The monsters in doc 90 should be tuned so that about the same amount of gold/tears can be looted from them.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Uncas23 ().

• Idk, if you just give them tear drops & tune it to be the same value as d75 people would prefer 75 over this because it's save

This is meant to have some farming spots where people can get more than in d75 but might have to fight over it with other people

INTERNATIONAL Server
      ᗜԅ(⇀︿⇀)ᓄ-¤]═────
    • Asera wrote:

Idk, if you just give them tear drops & tune it to be the same value as d75 people would prefer 75 over this because it's save

This is meant to have some farming spots where people can get more than in d75 but might have to fight over it with other people
      There could be a BIT more loot but not much. Because this farming place would probably be owned by the stronger kingdom and especially the stronger players so it would create even more imbalance between kingdoms and players.