Shellfish's Farewell

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Shellfish's Farewell

Long has it been, my friends!

Today marks the end of a rich and fulfilling era for me.
      I joined the game roughly 2 years ago when I was still actively playing. I had my own little warrior, strived through the world, had ambitions and dreams.
      When I joined the team as a GM I was motivated, full of ideas and had the goal of bringing this game to the next level.
      Throughout my journey, the game had its ups and downs. And how do you put it, real love shows when things are not going well.
      When the server had reached its lowest point, I burnt with passion to earn back your trust and to lead the way to a brighter future. I never considered quitting, the servers well-being was of utmost importance to me. When there was an issue, I was always there to solve it. Be it on facebook, through the ticket system or Online. Most of my days were spent online and I tried to fix the situation as good as possible until the patch arrived. As time passed, I climbed the ladder in the team and reached the position of TM.

But as you guys may have noticed, throughout the last couple of months my activity went really downhill. Although I have done a lot of things behind the scenes, I could've and I should've also done more for you. Now that 4Ancient has reached its most succesfull point in time, I feel that I can leave the team without any harm to the server.

I do not want to dive deep into why exactly I'm leaving but it basically boils down to me losing motivation. As you guys know, I have not been actively playing the server for 18 months or so. My main stay was to shape this project. I personally feel that my contributions by now are not as valuable and would like to pursue other opportunities.

The time on 4Ancient has been a great one and EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU can be sure, that I will remember his ingame name for a loooong time. I hope you all know, that I like every single one of you. There's not one person I think bad about. And even when you guys made a small ruckus on the forum here and there, I always know that it is because you love the server.
      I just wanted to express my gratitude for you, you were an incredible community and it has always been fun to work for you <3

And as the saying goes... you always meet twice in life! If you ever meet me in another Online game or even in real life - hit me up!

Best regards,
      Shellfish

P.S.
      As a small parting gift I will publish my latest content suggestion for 4Ancient.
      I personally believe this is a feature that many of you would like :)

Since I started as a German GM, I would also like to adress the German community.
      The German text is a rough translation, I recommend you reading the English one.
      German

Freunde, es war eine geniale Zeit!

Heute endet meine Era bei 4Ancient. Meine Zeit war geprägt von vielen schönen und bereichernden Momenten.
      Als ich vor knapp 2 Jahren dem Server beigetreten bin, war ich noch ein kleiner Krieger, der durch die weiten Iberias wanderte. Ich hatte Träume und war ambitioniert.
      Voller Motivation und Tatendrang bin ich dem Team beigetreten, um auch meinen kleinen Mosaikbaustein zum Projekt beizutragen.
      Und natürlich war die Zeit auf dem Server nicht immer rosig. Jedes Projekt hat seine Höhen und Tiefen.
      Aber wie auch in vielen Dingen, zeigt sich wahre Leidenschaft erst dann, wenn es dem Projekt am schlechtesten geht.
      Und so loderte ein Feuer in mir auf, als 4Ancient seine dunkelste Periode erreicht hatte. Ich war über Monate den Großteil meiner Zeit Online und bemüht darum, euer Vertrauen zu gewinnen. Ich wollte euch zeigen, dass es noch einen Pfad für eine blühende Zukunft gibt. Ob bei Facebook, per Ticket oder im Spiel, ich war überall und fast immer da. Das wichtigste ist meines Erachtens nach euch zu signalisieren, dass ihr Gehört findet und eure Ideen auf jeden Fall berücksichtigt werden!
      Mit der Zeit stieg ich dann auch im Team auf, bis ich die Position des Teammanagers erreicht hatte.

Aber wie ihr vermutlich bemerkt habt, nahm meine Aktivität in den vergangenen Monaten immer mehr ab. Obwohl ich natürlich im Hintergrund viel organisiert habe, heißt das nicht, dass ich nicht mehr für euch hätte machen können. Vielmehr hätte ich mehr machen sollen, weil IHR es - ganz ehrlich - verdient habt.
      Da es dem Server aktuell so gut geht wie noch nie, habe ich auch kein schlechtes Gewissen auszutreten. Ich glaube es kann ab jetzt (auch ohne mich) nur noch Aufwärts gehen :)

Ich möchte auch gar nicht auf die Gründe für meinen Austritt eingehen. Am Ende des Tages lässt es sich auf fehlende Motivation herunterbrechen. Wie ihr vermutlich wisst, spiele ich schon seit 18? Monaten nicht mehr selbst auf dem Server. Ich bin hier vor allem geblieben, um das große Projekt voranzutreiben und hier und da eine kleine Spur zu hinterlassen. Mittlerweile glaube ich nicht, dass ich noch viel beitragen kann und würde deshalb meine Anstrengungen auf andere Bereiche meines Lebens fokussieren.

Aber trotzdem ist es mir noch wichtig einige Worte an die Community zu richten. Ich hoffe ihr wisst, dass ich JEDEN EINZELNEN von euch positiv in Erinnerung behalten werde. Auch in vielen Jahren werden mir eure Namen noch etwas sagen und ihr seid ein Teil meiner Geschichte hier. Um ehrlich zu sein bin ich sogar stolz auf euch. Eure Leidenschaft für den Server ist bemerkenswert, selbst wenn es dem Server am schlechtesten ging, seid ihr hier geblieben und habt für Verbesserungen gekämpft. Man kann das auch als Beschwerden wahrnehmen, aber ich finde vielmehr, das hier zu bleiben und sich für etwas einzusetzen viel mehr mit einer Passion zum Server zu tun hat. Jeder der sich nicht um dem Server kümmert, wäre einfach ohne jegliches Wort gegangen.
      Ich möchte euch einfach nur noch einmal danken für die schöne Zeit hier, ihr seid die besten <3

Und wie sagt man so schön... man trifft sich immer zweimal im Leben! Falls wir uns mal in einem Spiel oder vielleicht auch im echten Leben treffen, schreibt mich einfach direkt an!

Beste Grüße,
      Shellfish
    • Hey mate,
      i know this could sound cringy or too sweet, but we really will fucking miss you mate.
      You Squty and Ancient were the first ones i talked to when i joined the first time in the team.
      You listened every single problem of everyone (especially mine and many times). You always gave good tips and explanations and you were always the one i looked forward to when i first joined. When i did join you were SGM as i am now, that kinda makes me happy thinking about it cause it brings back good memories :D
      You always worked with extreme dedication and professionality in any circumstance.
      Today is a sad day for 4Ancient, and i hope you'll be back one day. I'll wait for you, i count on that!
      I already told you privately on discord everything i had to say, but again i wish you all the luck of this world cause you deserve it <3
      I'll miss you mate.
    • Yo buddy,

I can still remember when you joined our team, I was happy about that, because just another german one :D

As Alberto already mentioned, we all will miss you in our team. You did manage
      an important part of 4ancient, for which we are VERY thankful!
      If someone had a problem (player/teamler) you was always there to help.

Can you remember the video I made for you OHH MEIN GOTT :P
      Haha, if you ever need help/a video again, you can write me on whatsapp :D

Oh well Boi, these we're 2 great years with you.

I wish you the best in your future life,

Your Swiperus aka. Swipes aka Swipper :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Community Manager | Video Editor | Everything
    • Hello Fish Stick,

I remember roughly how we both started about the same time in the team. I could always laugh and fool around with you from the beginning. When things got serious quickly, it was no problem to focus and find a solution. You always had an open ear for everyone in the team, even as GM!

As you know, I'm not good at that and i just want come to the end.

Thank you so much, for the nice and great time with you in the team.
      I wish you all the best for the future.

Best regards [GM]Brook (your Asian Ling Ling)
    • DA MEINE ENGLISCHKENTNISSE DEM EINES ALPAKAS GLEICHEN ERBITTE ICH EINEN SYRISCHEN DOLLMETSCHER DER MIR JENE WORTE ÜBERSÄTZEN KANN YEEEE

PS: TAT HAT FLAUSCHIGE BACKEN UND SMASH SCHNABBULIERT MINDERJÄHRIGE!

PPS: DAS KANN NET WAHR SEIN GIBT SOGAR NE DEUTSCHE VERSION XDD

MACHS GUT JUNGE ES WAR MIR EINE EHRE VON IHNEN GEBANNT ZU WERDEN WEGEN UNZÄHLIGEN SPEEDBUGS
      AUF DAS DAS BIER UNS SCHEIDET! <3