Bad optimization

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Bad optimization

Dear 4Ancient users and staff,

When I started playing 4Ancient I realized my fps is dropping always which wasn't the case ob other servers. I also noticed every time I exit game it says it crashed and gave me option ''close now", "debug" etc.
      After I got 90 and jumped into pvp it became impossible to play. This hasn't been problem for me only but for my friends also, who besides a couple of bugs and this enjoy the content. I'm probably going to continue on other server, but, this server is really good and it gave me feeling of nostalgy many times reliving moments from maybe even 10 years ago.
      Hope you will solve the issue soon so I can come back and enjoy time on the server.

Sincerely,
      IPumpX, a warrior from craxion!
    • In truth is neither a PC specs issue neither a server issue. We have like 14 servers running (almost one for each map). We created a multimap system to avoid lags. The real problem is that 4Story old source uses a REALLY REALLY old way of animating things. I would like to be more precise about it, but it's hard to explain. We are working on a lighter and new implementation of graphics. The problem is that the 4Story graphic system was outdated already in 2001 and there's no documentation :D But we'll do it! For now your only option is to find a d3d9.dll that doesn't make you lag, but in big pvp fight there will always be client lag for now.
    • To AlbertoCoderIT.
      Well, to be honest, on other server(with even more players) my fps is more then 80, here, it's around 20. No offense, but I think there is a solution for this, there must be since other players don't have that kind of lags. I'd like to help but I really don't know how and it's not my job. I'd really like you to solve this problem, because it's really boring now and too much. Thanks for the answer anyway. Wish you the best luck with this issue.
    • drLosmi wrote:

To AlbertoCoderIT.
      Well, to be honest, on other server(with even more players) my fps is more then 80, here, it's around 20. No offense, but I think there is a solution for this, there must be since other players don't have that kind of lags. I'd like to help but I really don't know how and it's not my job. I'd really like you to solve this problem, because it's really boring now and too much. Thanks for the answer anyway. Wish you the best luck with this issue.
      Simply not true
    • OMG I play on all of Google's servers in cluster and I only have 3 fps. Volvo plz fix.
      Now seriously...
      Even if what you say is true and you have like 2x or more FPS on other server(s) than you have here, it can be because of the fact they most likely run a newer version of 4Story. This game came through many updates and from my layman (Layman because I didn't compare the source code of 4Story 3.4 (4Ancient) and for example 4.5 or whatever version is the server you are playing on and is performing better is using. Also, I only look at it from my "programmer" common sense) point of view they might update the part that is handling animation, rendering and all this fun stuff. Or I am not correct and the problem is somewhere else (for example the owner of the other "better performing" server fixed the source code already, but that's unlikely).

What do I mean by this? Just that this problem isn't caused by shit servers (if they don't really use shit ones, but I don't think so) and the problem is in the game itself and you should be glad that 4Ancient team is even doing something to keep this game alive and wants to update this shit source code. Seriously... Go download source code of this game and look at it. I almost got cancer by those tens of thousand lines in TClient.exe. It has to be a pain to even orientate in it. Please show some respect.

The post was edited 1 time, last by taelop ().