Rare Magic Upgrade, worst event ever

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rare Magic Upgrade, worst event ever

For real that's not the ''oldschool'' 4story, all events are just jokes, for example i had more than 50 blue jewels with 7/8 off or 170 life etc. i upgraded all, the thing is on the real server, there were never these kind of rates of upgrade , every single of them got will/mana instead of life and not only that, when life came only 50 or smth like that. I don't remember these kind of options getting in the ''oldschool'' 4story. I threw over 100g away for that event and believe me who read this at 22:10 when the ''upgradeevent'' starts the 75% will only be for upgrading from +13. The server is a big lie nothing like oldschool 4story, you can throw the rates away of that server. The upgrade event will only be for getting away the mass of tincs etc, so the prices dont go down.
    • Hey,

I think I know what your problem is. You've had bad luck. Do you really think that we will fake the events? That would be unnecessary work for us. Even if: What sense would be behind it? Why should we announce events & then fake them? It wouldn't do us any good. In life you can't always be lucky.

Kind regards

Community Manager | Video Editor | Everything
    • ArosJr wrote:

For real that's not the ''oldschool'' 4story, all events are just jokes, for example i had more than 50 blue jewels with 7/8 off or 170 life etc. i upgraded all, the thing is on the real server, there were never these kind of rates of upgrade , every single of them got will/mana instead of life and not only that, when life came only 50 or smth like that. I don't remember these kind of options getting in the ''oldschool'' 4story. I threw over 100g away for that event and believe me who read this at 22:10 when the ''upgradeevent'' starts the 75% will only be for upgrading from +13. The server is a big lie nothing like oldschool 4story, you can throw the rates away of that server. The upgrade event will only be for getting away the mass of tincs etc, so the prices dont go down.
      its called bad luck buddy everyone has it from time to time
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub
      Hunter 10-0 every class u idiot
      Kill willco he is afk eating chicken
      Araya u got a pet lama OH YEAH YEAH
      Hi my name is Pascal (sorry for bad English)

youtube.com/channel/UCY1GIfRNb…lmvgWA?view_as=subscriber

• What u expect from a sv where gm‘s/admin‘s doesnt even play active? From a owner who thinks to use the old engine (where u have max 50fps with i7 and 1060gti) because its oldschool with low fps so u need the same feeling. Dude its about the performance of the game not about old feeling what u get with low fps lol.
      Tell me who like to play like that?
      Every other server, Old or newschoolpatch, is using the new engine. Why isnt it possible here? So many people stopped of this fact, and it wont be the last ones.
      I can tell u so many reasons why this sv isnt atractive anymore, im on this server for 2,5 years now and i saw that he changed max 10% from all the problems, what exist since atleast the last 1,5years. (Archer still to low dmg/warr still to strong etc etc.... its a long list)

Im done to this server for 2weeks now because im so bored of this serverlead. He dont spend an ear to listen and solve the important things.
      And when finally something will change after month (like forum ranking) he make it bad. Just a shitty extra website what looks like hospital to check the rank. Actually it should be seeable at the forumpage with an extra button! But its just a fast solve to make the community „quiet“.

The post was edited 1 time, last by profiangler ().

• profiangler wrote:

What u expect from a sv where gm‘s/admin‘s doesnt even play active? From a owner who thinks to use the old engine (where u have max 50fps with i7 and 1060gti) because its oldschool with low fps so u need the same feeling. Dude its about the performance of the game not about old feeling what u get with low fps lol.
      Every other server, Old or newschoolpatch, is using the new engine. Why isnt it possible here? So many people stopped of this fact, and it wont be the last ones.
      I can tell u so many reasons why this sv isnt atractive anymore, im on this server for 2,5 years now and i saw that he changed max 10% from all the problems, what exist since atleast the last 1,5years. (Archer still to low dmg/warr still to strong etc etc.... its a long list)

Im done to this server for 2weeks now because im so bored of this serverlead. He dont spend an ear to listen and solve the important things.
      And when finally something will change after month (like forum ranking) he make it bad. Just a shitty extra website what looks like hospital to check the rank. Actually it should be seeable at the forumpage with an extra button! But its just a fast solve to make the community „quiet“.
      PREACH BROTHER
      +99999999999999
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• profiangler wrote:

What u expect from a sv where gm‘s/admin‘s doesnt even play active? From a owner who thinks to use the old engine (where u have max 50fps with i7 and 1060gti) because its oldschool with low fps so u need the same feeling. Dude its about the performance of the game not about old feeling what u get with low fps lol.

I think you missed something.
      Images
      • Screenshot_20181107-180957_Chrome.jpg

401.19 kB, 1,080×1,163, viewed 1,286 times

• SwiperDE wrote:

profiangler wrote:

sadly this patch caused major perfomance issues
    • xPJumper wrote:

SwiperDE wrote:

profiangler wrote:

sadly this patch caused major perfomance issues
      Problems cannot be excluded with several thousand lines of code. The crash problems are getting fixed at the moment, some are already fixed on the test server.

• SwiperDE wrote:

profiangler wrote:

Also wenn das die antwort auf alles ist dann tuts mir echt leid. Du verlinkst hier, soweit ich weiß, den zuletzt aufgesetzten patch. Werde ihn nochmal erläutern:
      - makro wird bestraft; ok ist in ordnung und was ist mit dem 50 fernkampfschaden nerf, der eigentlich das hauptproblem ist? Bogi ist fast unspielbar.
      - tournament fix; hatte ich kein wort drüber verloren
      - fps unlimited to max 65fps; warum keine 150fps wie ichs auf anderen serven habe?

Und das ist die antwort auf meine frAgen? Was ist mit dem komplett undurchdachten länderwechsel mancher spieler was euch zu verschulden ist gut 2 wochen her?
      Was ist mit der PERFORMANCE von max 65fps? Das ist keine performance weil es möglich ist dies höher zu setzen.
      Was ist dem mit dem Krieger der immernoch seit MONATEN viel zu stark ist? (Seit kriegerpatch vor rund 6monaten)
      Als nächstes das forumranking. In jeden anderen 4s-forum ist es im forum fest als Button integriert. Nachdem sich spieler über monate/jahre lang beschwert hatten, hat man es ja vor kurzem geschafft ein ranking zu machen. Auf einer extra homepage in schwarzweiß, ohne großen aufwand zu investieren. Mir kam das so vor wie ,so jetzt habt ihr euer ranking ist gut jetzt‘ was aber total schmodder ist.
      Ja als nächstes tp rollen, das lange altbekannte problem was mit 3:00 cd ‚gefixed‘ wurde. Jetzt überlegt mal ob das sinn macht

Naja wie dem auch sei, die liste könnte ich endlos weiterführen was ich aber nicht möchte da ich jetzt schon das wichtigste genannt hatte und es sowieso kein sinn macht da ihr die themen natürlich besser versteht (und resu hat auch die meisten sxhon angesprochen gehabt, in nen extra thread).
      Bin enttäuscht das ich das als langer unterstützer dieses servers so eine antwort bekomme, ist aber auch okay da ich eh nicht mehr seit 2wochen auf den server spiele. Außerdem ist es traurig zu sehen wie man als nicht aktiver/erfahrener spieler versucht was aus dem server zu machen OHNE auf jegliche Hinweise/Tipps von erfahrenen Spieler überhaupt warzunehmen und diese einfach ignoriert.

Bb Easton

The post was edited 2 times, last by profiangler ().

• Hey!

We want to let you know that we take your concerns serious.
      Voicing your opinion and being upset about changes is perfectly fine! It shows us your involvement and passion for the server.

That said, we are currently working on these issues! A game is unplayable with low FPS and lags and it is most certainly in our interest to fix this in the long run. Please keep in mind that we always have to find a different solution than new school servers; meaning it is more time intense.

We always welcome balancing suggestions. We are currently running a test server for the next patch and are open for new ideas and tweaks.

I’d also like to address your concerns regarding our distance from the game. All of our active TGM‘s and GM‘s are currently playing the game.
      While it is true that our higher team members are not playing, I believe this to be in the best interest for the server. We want a fair gaming experience for everyone and neutral judgement. This is only possible if we have a few team members that are not personally involved/ have an objective perspective.

I hope I could relieve some of your fears! Keep giving us your input in the forum; every opinion is much appreciated and ideas are fiercely discussed in our team! Although we can’t guarantee implementing every suggestion, I can assure you that we at the very least talk about them.

Kind regards,
      [TM] Shellfish
    • Shellfish wrote:

We always welcome balancing suggestions. We are currently running a test server for the next patch and are open for new ideas and tweaks.
      We have been giving you guys ideas and suggestions for months , 2 or 3 months maybe more, they should be already on the test server for testing , by the way things are moving we will have the patch 1.8 in 2020
      And honestly you should have monthly patches or smt instead of a patch every year , don't stack the problems all together focus on 1 problem at a time , the biggest problem in my opinion is the FPS , fix that and watch your player base grow , after that focus on the other things
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Stop be that rude.

The truth is that you put too many time to fix litle lag.
      Ok 1.8 takes time etc its normal
      But ITS unacceptable that after months and year that some litle lag are still here!!! Dungeon 75 portal??? Ardir Castle portal?? Still not working.
      Not normal.

Mini patch to fix lag is required every months.
      And we shouldnt wait for big patch to fix it
    • Well, thats why this server looks like 4story demo.
      "Oldschool" xd when you will reach the 90 lvl you have to be afk whole single Day.
      Without Cash, you have to farm like 24h per 2 weeks to get Good gear to fight.
      Worldboss - 0
      TW - 0
      TD - TELEPORT INVIS FIGHT YEEEE
      CW - One castle 49 v 49 where The "Cash orGear 22+" is gonna win ofc.
    • Nucey wrote:

Well, thats why this server looks like 4story demo.
      "Oldschool" xd when you will reach the 90 lvl you have to be afk whole single Day.
      Without Cash, you have to farm like 24h per 2 weeks to get Good gear to fight.
      Worldboss - 0
      TW - 0
      TD - TELEPORT INVIS FIGHT YEEEE
      CW - One castle 49 v 49 where The "Cash orGear 22+" is gonna win ofc.
      About the end game possibilities, we're working on very cool projects! Can't spoil them tough :D
      About good gear, well i know people than in less than a month, farming, and trading got +21 pvp gear, and even a pvp/semi-pvp weapon. At level 90 you can make about 30-60 gold per hour (depends how lucky you are), a pvp +21 costs around 300G, so it's not impossible to get them :D Obviously people that play for more time will have better gear and better skills, but that's how every MMORPG works. About "cash" it's obvious that running a server and mantaining it has a cost, that's why we have donations :) Every game that "f2p" will have some users that will spend tons of money because they want to be best, so i don't see the point of complaining about it. You won't ever find a private server that doesn't accept donations :) Unless it's a private server made by Elon Musk, but doubt it'll happen :D
      About TW and TD you're right but that's not something staffers can resolve. I understand that most of the time TW or even BoG are unfair, but it's a direct consequence of how active the players are. Active players = Balanced PvP (Most of the time). It's normal that if a random players, gets to lvl 90 in a month playing 1h per day won't ever have the same equip of a more hardcore player. That in PvP will make the difference, because as soon a random gets killed a bunch of times will just say "this game's shit", when it's mathematical that can't win if doesn't spend more hours farming :)

profiangler wrote:

What u expect from a sv where gm‘s/admin‘s doesnt even play active?
      All GMs and TGMs are active on the server as players :) Most of us don't have the same name for obvious reasons. Just because you don't see us in chat, doesn't mean we're not online :)

ImAphoenix wrote:

Stop be that rude.

The truth is that you put too many time to fix litle lag.
      Ok 1.8 takes time etc its normal
      But ITS unacceptable that after months and year that some litle lag are still here!!! Dungeon 75 portal??? Ardir Castle portal?? Still not working.
      Not normal.

Mini patch to fix lag is required every months.
      And we shouldnt wait for big patch to fix it
      Many of you don't know this, but for now only AncientCompiler is working on the patches. Don't just say "Hire someone then xdxdxd" because we also need a trust factor. It is normal that having only one person that can work on it will require more time to actually release patches. We also opened a test server, where you can easily join just by applying to the tester group (we made a thread about it), and that really would help a lot! About lag fixes, i don't know if you know how old 4Story works. Through time, lots of things related to the engine and to the actual code and database changed. Since 4Ancient is based on an older version of 4Story is not that easy to change things. Older code = harder improvements. With the last patch, AncientCompiler put a base for new possibilities to improve everything, but it's not something that happens in a month.
    • AlbertoCoderIT wrote:

Nucey wrote:

ImAphoenix wrote:

With the last patch, AncientCompiler put a base for new possibilities to improve everything, but it's not something that happens in a month.

thing is , its going on for several of months and we are left in the dark , why so much secrecy ? isnt it better to tell "we will fix the lag issues in the next patch and add X , Y , Z etc etc than just say its gonna take time and its the biggest patch in 4s history and bla bla bla without actually giving us good information , just tell us wtf are you doing , this much secrecy is getting ppl pissed off and when i say ppl i mean me :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing:
      we get it , AC is doing things alone and it takes time , np but tell us what is going to be new and what he is working on , specific things it would make ppl chill and give u time to work without listening to flame from players imo ofc
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub

• Laerze wrote:

thing is , its going on for several of months and we are left in the dark , why so much secrecy ? isnt it better to tell "we will fix the lag issues in the next patch and add X , Y , Z etc etc than just say its gonna take time and its the biggest patch in 4s history and bla bla bla without actually giving us good information , just tell us wtf are you doing , this much secrecy is getting ppl pissed off and when i say ppl i mean me :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: :cursing: we get it , AC is doing things alone and it takes time , np but tell us what is going to be new and what he is working on , specific things it would make ppl chill and give u time to work without listening to flame from players imo ofc
      If it makes you mad i'm sorry, not our problem :) There's a simple reason why we don't say what are we planning: concurrency :) If we tell everyone that we'll implement x,y,z in patch x.x, be sure that other people will steal the ideas. We have this "handicap" (the fact that we take more time to develop something) so it's a pretty logical thing to do. Don't you think? Your only choice is to trust the fact that we always do what we said. (And trust me, we do)
      Also please note that if we say "we're working on <insert whatever you want here>" people will just say : "are you really? Where are the results? Things still don't work" ecc ecc. That's why we opened the test server :) We answer accusations with facts, instead of just writing things that are worth nothing :)