[Upgrading Guide] How many tinctures do I need?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• I forget to think if your goal is having item over +21. I see it isn't your goal. But I am gonna answear this question too.

If your goal is having item over +21, then I recommend downgrade item +19.

In future I will add comparisons between special upgrading tactics (for example: "Is good idea buying items +20 and try upp them?") including calculations of trying and golds needed.
      I will also mathematicaly check, how good idea is to tolerate +19.

But now I need take a break from calculating. I will try finish this goal until Christmas event.

I wish you all the best luck in your Halloween upgrade event ;)
    • At Halloween event upp +75% I failed to upgrade item from +13 and that is pretty strange.

From +13 upp chance is 35%

If it is 35 × 1.75 × 2 (chance × event modifier × serendipity potion x2)
      Then chance should be 122.5% for success.
      But I wasn't. :D

maybe it was bug, maybe upp +75% doesn't mean "35 × 1.75". Or I wrongly saw number from which I upgraded.
      I am checking it.
    • GOOD NEWS! I wrongly calculated total tinctures needed.

Wrong formula: a + b × (a + 1)

Because at success we will not lost tincture. So after fix the "numbers of tinctures needed" will be little lower ;)

It is good to have more tinctures, because it is impossible to have only ideal upgrading chain. But I'll fix it anyway :D

EDIT: false alarm, a + b × (a+1) is correct.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Shiraella ().

• oh, I am sorry. It was false alarm.

I am checking everything multiple times, but this day I did wrong check. :O

btw I wanted write about special tactict "buy +18/+19/+20/+21 and upgrade. If fail, sell downgraded", but I see my guide is crowded enough. But I am still working on my microsoft excel auto-calculator which I will probably upload. Calculations about that special tactic is in excel as bonus.

I can just reveal that it is better to upgrade non-upgraded (or low upgraded with same price).
    • GOOD NEWS GUYS!
      Microsoft Excel Auto-calculator is completed and uploaded! You can try it even without downloading ;)

Version without downloading looks ugly, few things doesn't work... but atleast you don't need Microsoft office + no downloading

Better version is uploaded too, but you have to download it and have Microsoft office.

If you will find some mistakes, write me feedback.
    • Of course it isn't final version.
      I just found first error.
      Bonus table of Special upp tactic with Luck x2.5 has problem when upp event is active. Maybe numbers there are wrong.

But don't worry, Main table is completely without error.

Tomorrow I will fix problems with that bonus table and check if it is possible make auto-calculator in Zoho Sheet better.
    • Auto-calculator has been fixed!

Bonus table "Special upp tactic" in column "x2.5" and "x3" had wrong numbers.

Because:
      Upp From +15 calculated with upp chance from +15
      Upp From +18 calculated with upp chance from +16
      Upp From +19 calculated with upp chance from +17

I am sorry for that, I was very tired :(

Auto-calculator is now completely ok.
      Maybe I should add simple documentation, which will show how calculator works.
      If you are interested to know it, write me then ;)

Edit: In previous uploaded microsoft excel calculator you cannot edit cells beyond bold bordered cells (First you have to unlock sheet and write password "ilove4ancient").
      Current uploaded calculator with corrected numbers isn't pasword protected, so you have to just unlock sheet if you need it.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Shiraella ().