Patch 1.7.8 - Modernization, Base for 1.8, Tests

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• The game is borderline unplayable at the moment, you cant PvP without freezing once or twice, you can't do the territory war without crashing once or twice, you can't talk in markut/keter without the drop to 0fps once or twice. And the absolute worse is when you crash for the hundredth time and as you log in, already pissed off at the game, you instantly crash again after the game freezes up.
      Yes Archer is a work in progress, but call all hands to help fix this hellish lag.

TL;DR:

Such lag
      Much fps drops
      Many crashes
      wow
    • Dooms wrote:

In my opinion, since this patch was applied, the server became almost unplayable, the only thing I can do is farm and trade, and for that I can play FarmVille.
      Here are the problems that I think need fixing ASAP:
      1- I dunno what you’ve done that everyone keeps crashing but, you need to reverse it (urgently), or ppl will stop playing. FPS are uncapped but we have FPS drops like we never had before.
      It's hard to fix something that i do not have. I played the game for !!15Hours!! after patch release and had not a single crash nor drop. But i see that this problem is urgent as also more than 60% voted in the survey that they have drops. I am doing my best but how shall i debug something that i cant reproduce. Someone who has these often shall contact me in Discord AncientCompiler#1337, i'll need someone with these problem to debug it.

Dooms wrote:

2- really... what did you do to the archer class?! I’ve stopped complaining about archers using macro since that damage nerf some time ago. Now, I, and some others, don’t care if an archer is using macros because... they don’t have the dmg they had before. I don’t mind that anti-macro system but you need to tune it as soon as possible because archers that really know what abb Is, can’t do it.
      >>76,8%<< voted that macros damage they game. 20.8% voted that they are OK and the rest voted the are not playing without. Many also wrote in their conclusion that they are not playing 4Ancient anymore because of the macro archers. And I experienced it myself very often ingame when i found the time how massive the abuse is. Also the discussion everytime if someone is using a macro or not is disgusting and leads to wrong decisions and even to conspiracy theories.

Dooms wrote:

3- I cant set the zoom back to 25m. This one should be an easy fix. I talked about it before and it hasn’t been fixed yet.
      We are aware of that, whatsoever the fps drops are in our focus atm.

Dooms wrote:

4- There were more important things to be tended too than that little fadeaway in chat and a new interface. The community has asked for other things that were ignored or turned down just bcs you don’t want to apply it, like new effects for example. But guess what, you have to keep your players happy. I’m standing in the middle of the debate about adding new effects, but I do think the community should have a chance to choose. Just vote for it and let’s get this over with once and for all. And no more complaining after the vote is done, from either side ofc.
      This is not a feature patch, it was not even meant to be already released and those are not all the features we currently have ready. We decided to release this as the core of the game has been reworked in many ways and to further work on it we need many informations in a working enviroment. We could have applied it on a testserver like we did for patch 1.7. But back these days, from nearly 100 appliants only 5-10 actually tested the server the rest only did read the patchlogs. That's not helpfull.

Dooms wrote:

Finally, I appreciate the recent survey AncientCompiler has come up with, even though I think it could’ve come sooner. But it is a good sign (I hope). It’s a sign that he’s willing to listen and we can still save the server. So go on everyone and complete that survey.
      Thank you for your time.
      I kinda appreciate this sentence but on the other hands it makes me clear how ungratefully the meaning of the community is in many ways. I am "wasting" very much of my time for this game. Don't get me wrong here, I love 4Story and especially our community but i do not own this game and i rather would love to work on own projects. We're releasing patches all 2-4 months. And after a month of no patch people already start spreading(this happened after 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and now even after 1.7.5 where we released 2 big patches in a week) that i do not care about the game but why is the server then already 2 years online(some days left for 2nd birthday) and why do we release patches and especially why are we holding events frequently. Our team may not be perfect in some ways but I can say with proud that we are giving our best and that we are more focused on the community than our "rivals".

KR
    • AncientCompiler wrote:

>>76,8%<< voted that macros damage they game. 20.8% voted that they are OK and the rest voted the are not playing without. Many also wrote in their conclusion that they are not playing 4Ancient anymore because of the macro archers. And I experienced it myself very often ingame when i found the time how massive the abuse is. Also the discussion everytime if someone is using a macro or not is disgusting and leads to wrong decisions and even to conspiracy theories.
      Ofc that macros are a bad thing but this system is far from good adjusted and breaks the gameplay of an fast archer so it will need an rework in order to be implemented.

After this will be fixed would be nice to have an good macro system for the other classes too.

The post was edited 1 time, last by xHunter ().

• Lets all have a little bit more faith on AC i expect him to deliver great things in this patch 1.8

Take your time to make it as close as perfect and all will be good , people that left will come back to see if the new patch is good , since it will be , they will stick around :D

#bringbambouuback
      #903inpvppls
      #princelaerzetrueleaderofcstm
      Aravi snack
      Fearu nuub
      Hunter 10-0 every class u idiot
      Kill willco he is afk eating chicken
      Araya u got a pet lama OH YEAH YEAH
      Hi my name is Pascal (sorry for bad English)

youtube.com/channel/UCY1GIfRNb…lmvgWA?view_as=subscriber

• So the test server was once a thing? If it comes back somehow I'll volunteer for participating in it. Im still new on server and I love 4story and this server so much so I wanna help if I can do it on some way. We should be gratefull that @AncientCompiler even replies to us on forum and listens to our ideas since we did not experience something like that on global server (never). Huuuge + for the survey. Thanks and keep up the good work :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by 2Gud4U ().

• AncientCompiler wrote:

It's hard to fix something that i do not have. I played the game for !!15Hours!! after patch release and had not a single crash nor drop. But i see that this problem is urgent as also more than 60% voted in the survey that they have drops. I am doing my best but how shall i debug something that i cant reproduce. Someone who has these often shall contact me in Discord AncientCompiler#1337, i'll need someone with these problem to debug it.
      Try to attend a territory war and you will reproduce it
    • hey question AC or others that know....why is this "not so great graphic" game having so much fps problems? I never understood how I can run games on my desktop in ultra and when I go 4story it lags? Now my connection isn't no amazing speed but I was fine until patch.....how did coding change fps? He didn't update graphics. I no doubt lag because of my distance from Germany but I was still able to buff before patch. Now people think I am noob cause I dont buff/heal/bubble/clense. We lost CW cause my screen froze so much(more then you guaranteed)....no I am not being egotistic, sacri matters so much in major PvP. Its why you guys were getting wrecked before vegito came haha which I am ok with but lag....I have no chance. My graphics cards are Radeon 480x and nvidia 1060. Neither should have fps problems on a game like this. But to be honest I dont know anything about coding or managing an mmo, but I know it's extremely hard to; you and your team are clearly very generous and I appreciate that. And most derions should of been able to see the difference in my game play from normal to lag out×10. idk seems like I better move on if I can't get better connection. But you did fantastic job with game and hope you many more years. Vegito you lucky I never got my 24 PvP rod in time!
    • AtkP wrote:

hey question AC or others that know....why is this "not so great graphic" game having so much fps problems? I never understood how I can run games on my desktop in ultra and when I go 4story it lags? Now my connection isn't no amazing speed but I was fine until patch.....how did coding change fps? He didn't update graphics. I no doubt lag because of my distance from Germany but I was still able to buff before patch. Now people think I am noob cause I dont buff/heal/bubble/clense. We lost CW cause my screen froze so much(more then you guaranteed)....no I am not being egotistic, sacri matters so much in major PvP. Its why you guys were getting wrecked before vegito came haha which I am ok with but lag....I have no chance. My graphics cards are Radeon 480x and nvidia 1060. Neither should have fps problems on a game like this. But to be honest I dont know anything about coding or managing an mmo, but I know it's extremely hard to; you and your team are clearly very generous and I appreciate that. And most derions should of been able to see the difference in my game play from normal to lag out×10. idk seems like I better move on if I can't get better connection. But you did fantastic job with game and hope you many more years. Vegito you lucky I never got my 24 PvP rod in time!
      I can assure you bro that a lot of people in derion with a great pc have your same problem, personally i have 120-140 fps in games like fortnite and its ridicolous to have 1 fps in 4story, a game of 2008.. for me it makes no sense at all, so don't worry it's not about your pc, there has to be something that goes against the gameplay, idk, a good idea would be to rollback the patch to the previous one (if its possible to do it).
      The trophies are won during your training. The competition is just to pick them up.
    • Vegito wrote:

AtkP wrote:

hey question AC or others that know....why is this "not so great graphic" game having so much fps problems? I never understood how I can run games on my desktop in ultra and when I go 4story it lags? Now my connection isn't no amazing speed but I was fine until patch.....how did coding change fps? He didn't update graphics. I no doubt lag because of my distance from Germany but I was still able to buff before patch. Now people think I am noob cause I dont buff/heal/bubble/clense. We lost CW cause my screen froze so much(more then you guaranteed)....no I am not being egotistic, sacri matters so much in major PvP. Its why you guys were getting wrecked before vegito came haha which I am ok with but lag....I have no chance. My graphics cards are Radeon 480x and nvidia 1060. Neither should have fps problems on a game like this. But to be honest I dont know anything about coding or managing an mmo, but I know it's extremely hard to; you and your team are clearly very generous and I appreciate that. And most derions should of been able to see the difference in my game play from normal to lag out×10. idk seems like I better move on if I can't get better connection. But you did fantastic job with game and hope you many more years. Vegito you lucky I never got my 24 PvP rod in time!
      I can assure you bro that a lot of people in derion with a great pc have your same problem, personally i have 120-140 fps in games like fortnite and its ridicolous to have 1 fps in 4story, a game of 2008.. for me it makes no sense at all, so don't worry it's not about your pc, there has to be something that goes against the gameplay, idk, a good idea would be to rollback the patch to the previous one (if its possible to do it).
      do you play fortnite???? you scrub go duo with me ez wins

Youtube channel -> Here | Fearu :rolleyes: :thumbup: <3
    • AncientCompiler wrote:

I kinda appreciate this sentence but on the other hands it makes me clear how ungratefully the meaning of the community is in many ways. I am "wasting" very much of my time for this game. Don't get me wrong here, I love 4Story and especially our community but i do not own this game and i rather would love to work on own projects. We're releasing patches all 2-4 months. And after a month of no patch people already start spreading(this happened after 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and now even after 1.7.5 where we released 2 big patches in a week) that i do not care about the game but why is the server then already 2 years online(some days left for 2nd birthday) and why do we release patches and especially why are we holding events frequently. Our team may not be perfect in some ways but I can say with proud that we are giving our best and that we are more focused on the community than our "rivals".
      KR
      Don't listen to the negative people who are ungrateful for your work!
      The majority of players greatly appriciate your huge efforts. This server means a lot to many of us, it brings back our childhood, memories, and it provides so much fun in the present.
      There may be problems but there are some people (including myself) who will always support this project.
    • Uncas23 wrote:

AncientCompiler wrote:

KR
      Don't listen to the negative people who are ungrateful for your work!The majority of players greatly appriciate your huge efforts. This server means a lot to many of us, it brings back our childhood, memories, and it provides so much fun in the present.
      There may be problems but there are some people (including myself) who will always support this project.
      If you’re talking about me, I wasn’t being ungrateful. I gathered all the feedback I could from other players and my own experience and built a “polite critique” like a friend of mine called it.
      I actually did it because I’m trying to help. And yes, truth hurts, but I prefer to do this instead of saving face and pretend everything is ok.
      Do you think I’d waste all my time writing what I wrote before (and now) if I didn’t care about the server, just think for a minute and you will find out the obvious answer.
      Now for you and the some others I’ve seen here and IG, please stop being so butthurt and stop making those deepthroat noises cause it’s making my head hurt.
      If you guys wanna be helpful then give Ancient Compiler some actual feedback (be it negative or positive) instead of saying “everything is ok”, because it’s not.
      Thank you

Edit: I have yet to try the game after the small patch, but I’ll make sure to give some FEEDBACK when I do.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dooms ().