Tournament improvement

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Tournament improvement

My idea is to make the monthly tournaments non-enterable for the peoples that don't participate or atleast to make the spectating players invisible - not rendered on the paricipants screens.

-Why this would be a good idea? - because of this shity old game engine many players are experiencing low fps or fps drops in crowded areas and this will improve and stabilize the participant's gameplay which is what matters the most in a competition.

-Another reason for making tournaments only enterable by the participants would be the preventing of ghosting/screen-sharing informations by spectators with participants.

By doing this some GMs or other players/youtubers (choosen by the staff and maybe even rewarded) can even record (or stream) every tournament's fights monthly. Doing this can increase the fame and popularity of the server too and the peoples that missed the tournament or didn't want to watch at that time can view on youtube.

Anyway, this probably sounds a complicated thing to implement and the server at this moment has many stability problems too and i know spectating is part of the game and probably many will disagree but atleast the non-rendering spectators for the participants should be applied because it improves the gameplay -imo is really bad to have 25fps when ~10 or more peoples are spectating.

P.S Don't start with the elitists comments about bad pcs and other things like this because even with a good system some have these fps problems and we all can agree that this game's old engine sucks.
    • xHunter wrote:

My idea is to make the monthly tournaments non-enterable for the peoples that don't participate or atleast to make the spectating players invisible - not rendered on the paricipants screens.

-Why this would be a good idea? - because of this shity old game engine many players are experiencing low fps or fps drops in crowded areas and this will improve and stabilize the participant's gameplay which is what matters the most in a competition.

-Another reason for making tournaments only enterable by the participants would be the preventing of ghosting/screen-sharing informations by spectators with participants.

By doing this some GMs or other players/youtubers (choosen by the staff and maybe even rewarded) can even record (or stream) every tournament's fights monthly. Doing this can increase the fame and popularity of the server too and the peoples that missed the tournament or didn't want to watch at that time can view on youtube.

Anyway, this probably sounds a complicated thing to implement and the server at this moment has many stability problems too and i know spectating is part of the game and probably many will disagree but atleast the non-rendering spectators for the participants should be applied because it improves the gameplay -imo is really bad to have 25fps when ~10 or more peoples are spectating.

P.S Don't start with the elitists comments about bad pcs and other things like this because even with a good system some have these fps problems and we all can agree that this game's old engine sucks.
      I support the idea about invisible (for participants at least) spectators.

But I don't like the idea of non-enterable tournaments by spectators. Tournaments are community events, not only for the few chosen ones who compete.
      And the streaming is just not the same. And it would always require someone to record it.