Do you have any Ideas for 4Ancient? Post here

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Do you have any Ideas for 4Ancient? Post here

Hello Community. I am making a project to present to my team of ideas for lategame content, to any ideas to help improve gameplay or anything you guys want to see or be removed from the server. It is our job to make the server comforting and enjoyable to every player who plays. All comments will not be ignored and will be taken into consideration. Thank you to everyone who participates. -[GM]PKGhostEN
    • I have an idea I hope 4ancient team finds it interesting : Letting all races and both genders to abb exactly the same way feline female does

Does it affect the gameplay? No

Why?

Well I think logging in everyday to this nice server and seeing all time ,feline female,feline female,feline female it gets a little boring you know after a while like there is no other options, and they're ignored because who wouldnt sacrifice appearance for such a legendary abb that is achieved on female feline. On the old days not many people knew about this abb trick so we had a wide variety of players now its widely known so voila.

Consequences

The good side ( + )

Wide variety of players, movement to oldschoolity , more enjoyable game since the player is given finally the opportunity to customise his archer with more options than be female and buy a race for feline. Also, independence of feline-race, archer is the only class who has to depend on a 20g which is unfair for us.

The bad side ( - )

Less demand on feline race since people will be able to abb with both genders and all races equally. But I think our strong market is pretty independent of such items. Its more dependent on tincs and upps and jewlery etc.

Personal conclusion

The pros out-number the cons so it would be a nice addition

Thanks for reading, I hope this idea is interesting and properly analyzed and was worth the attention :D
      Geralt Of Rivia , Withcer.. with tenure
    • What about an community event on Twitch? Most of the gamers are watching streams these days if they can't play on their own or wanna watch another guy playing his game. And some people are looking for new games there if they found a nice stream with a game they don't know.. maybe a event like this could also raise the number of aktive players on the server.
    • I was actually going to create a post on that,but since I've seen the post made by GM, I decided to express myself here. Here are my suggestions regarding the changes in 4Ancient.

First of all, evocators. It is a challenging class to play, probably the most challenging on the current roster but once it's picked up and learned, it can be very powerful to an extent where no other character can defeat it other than another evocator. All of the solo tournaments are being won by them. I also want to point out that they're not bad in pvp events like Gebra, TW, WB where the pet can stun dozens of players. My overall suggestion is to revert the buff that occurred in I think patch 1.7.

Next thing, add those new effects that we have been asking for ages now, they don't ruin the feel of an old school and many people do want those, because being restricted to such low amount of colours is kind of annoying. Along with that, I'd be tempted to create a colour remover scroll for both cloaks and gear. Some people like their gear non-coloured and also want other people to see that. I know that there is this turning off the effect feature added, but not everyone wants to use this feature when I want to see other people's effects. There is also this bug with the cloaks, where the colour of the cloak when it has an effect on, it's always grey and is unaffected by any cloak dyes. That especially hurts, if you want to use a lightning cloak.

Next thing may be controversial but I think Battle Royale should be added. Basically, you queue up with certain amount of people, depending on how many of them are online (usually teams of 3 to 4) and then when it starts you spawn somewhere around the whole map in the chosen location, let's say Yesode. Every participant has a certain amount of lifes, if you lose them you're out. If anyone played other private new school servers, they'll know what it is about. Of course the medal and coin stuff wouldn't be included, just run around with the stuff that you currently own, like in BoG. I know this may not be the most original idea in the world and you may think it ruins the feel of the old school, but I think it can't be that bad.

If I come up with any other ideas, I'll edit the post. I'm also open to any criticism from you all. :D
    • WalkingArcher wrote:

I have an idea I hope 4ancient team finds it interesting : Letting all races and both genders to abb exactly the same way feline female does

Does it affect the gameplay? No

Why?

Well I think logging in everyday to this nice server and seeing all time ,feline female,feline female,feline female it gets a little boring you know after a while like there is no other options, and they're ignored because who wouldnt sacrifice appearance for such a legendary abb that is achieved on female feline. On the old days not many people knew about this abb trick so we had a wide variety of players now its widely known so voila.

Consequences

The good side ( + )

Wide variety of players, movement to oldschoolity , more enjoyable game since the player is given finally the opportunity to customise his archer with more options than be female and buy a race for feline. Also, independence of feline-race, archer is the only class who has to depend on a 20g which is unfair for us.

The bad side ( - )

Less demand on feline race since people will be able to abb with both genders and all races equally. But I think our strong market is pretty independent of such items. Its more dependent on tincs and upps and jewlery etc.

Personal conclusion

The pros out-number the cons so it would be a nice addition

Thanks for reading, I hope this idea is interesting and properly analyzed and was worth the attention :D
      As far as I know abb was never inteded feature in this game. So implementing it to all other races and genders would apparently be more than a diffuclt operation.
    • Well, all we have is PvP in late game content, how about a challenging late game and worthful PvE ?
      I think that you guys can create some 90 level Dungeons with different diffuculties, for example (Iberia's Nightmare +1,+2,+3) and fill them with adds and Bosses. 90 Lv Characters should group up in order to clear the dungeons thats the main idea. Creatures must be powerful. Bosses should have their boss mechanics.

I know its ripped out from WoW but it would be really nice to see a late game PvE here. For the victory loot, i think of a unique chest, you can fill those chests, i dont have any idea yet to fill. When a group clears the dungeon, 5 unique chests willl be dropped the number wont be depend on The difficulty of dungeon but the quality of whats inside. The main reason is , if chest count rises with the difficulty of the dungeon, people will increase the participants in the group, we want to make dungeons more challenging.

At the end, this is just an idea but the main reason why i write this, a late game PvE can improve this server a lot.
    • Ort wrote:

Well, all we have is PvP in late game content, how about a challenging late game and worthful PvE ?
      I think that you guys can create some 90 level Dungeons with different diffuculties, for example (Iberia's Nightmare +1,+2,+3) and fill them with adds and Bosses. 90 Lv Characters should group up in order to clear the dungeons thats the main idea. Creatures must be powerful. Bosses should have their boss mechanics.

I know its ripped out from WoW but it would be really nice to see a late game PvE here. For the victory loot, i think of a unique chest, you can fill those chests, i dont have any idea yet to fill. When a group clears the dungeon, 5 unique chests willl be dropped the number wont be depend on The difficulty of dungeon but the quality of whats inside. The main reason is , if chest count rises with the difficulty of the dungeon, people will increase the participants in the group, we want to make dungeons more challenging.

At the end, this is just an idea but the main reason why i write this, a late game PvE can improve this server a lot.
      Yesterday i got the same idea.. Maybe you can combine the dungeons with untradeable Colour Scroll (the new colours) for reward? Would be really nice to get some unique rewards, which only can get with hard work on this (dungeons).
    • What do you guys think abou the following:
      I, as well as a lot of other players suffer from game crashes espc when it comes to pvp situations with a lot of perople involved and it is always kinda annoying that you get thrown out ouf the group automatically as soon as you are offline. I think it would be quite nice if you can stay within the group for a certain amount of time (e.g. approx. 2 min) which gives you the possibility to restart the game and not to annoy others with regrouping.
    • Bun wrote:

I was actually going to create a post on that,but since I've seen the post made by GM, I decided to express myself here. Here are my suggestions regarding the changes in 4Ancient.

First of all, evocators. It is a challenging class to play, probably the most challenging on the current roster but once it's picked up and learned, it can be very powerful to an extent where no other character can defeat it other than another evocator. All of the solo tournaments are being won by them. I also want to point out that they're not bad in pvp events like Gebra, TW, WB where the pet can stun dozens of players. My overall suggestion is to revert the buff that occurred in I think patch 1.7.
      I know that everyone was used that only mage, archer and priest exist. And now when you have to play vs lets say 3 - 5 good Evos everyone is crying bcs noone saw this class before.

Evo dont have any escape, any 220% & 210 % dmg skills or debuff. We have only 4 dmg spels and pets, they dont deal dmg but they have cc and thx to soul band Evos life depends on his pet.
      In Mass PVP we cant use invi to hide our pets and send them, we have to send that 5k hp pet and hope that noone will stop him. ( Its like sending big feline mage with +18 eq and hope that he will stun something) (5k HP without buffs)

1v1 is rly hard to beat good Evo, but its hard to beat any skilled player. So if u want to nerf Evo only bcs u cant beat him 1v1 a have to ask u - Did u ever go 1v1 vs good warrior in tourny as archer? U cant beet him too so he should be nerfed?

I was always mage main, but playing mage vs nohands archers does not make sense. Bcs when I cast fear I was already -50% HP...
      If u want to play Evo u have to learn how to play 2 chars at one time, hold the right position etc..So i think that this class deserves all the buffs. Let's be honest, no one would have played him without the buffs.

In Ranking u can see only 1 Evo, 9x Archer, 4x Mages, 1x Warr & NW...

Everyone knows how to play vs archer, mage, priest, warr , nw.. So now u have to learn how to play vs Evo.
    • 1. Evo is too OP so a nerf will be good.

2. Add another PVP EVENT like Battle Royale, this imo is a very good ideea and u just can't say is oldschool server because on oldschool classes weren't modified / no colored cloaks / autoloot and so on + i think all or almost all players will be in favor of this, i mean who doesn't want more pvp and more fun?

3. No potions when flashed - i think this is not a bad thing, for example when u 1v1 a mage is like u fight him 2 times, archer can't use potions while stunned or feared but the mage can +he can use stun/slow/aoe. Anyway is just an idea.

4. Not really a new idea but try to fix the bugs pls, esspecially the tournament timer/companion disable option.