Rule Clarification: 2.2 Real World Trading

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Rule Clarification: 2.2 Real World Trading

Dear community,

we do not tolerate Real World Trading. Selling AND buying will be punished in the same manner.

4Ancient will always stay Free2Play. Real World Trading is the first step towards a Pay2Win server. When you have the ability to buy everything with real life Cash, why would you even bother to make your own gear? Farming would become redundant, investing time would be a waste and the whole economy would collapse.
      Nobody would sell items for ingame currency, nor would good gear have any kind of value.

I believe everyone worked hard for their equipment and there is no reason why newer players should not work as hard to get theirs!

Why do we punish both parties?
      Selling items on our servers at everyone’s expense is inherently harming our server. No need for further explanations.

And buying items creates this whole mess. You incentivise people to sell. If there were no buyers, people would not attempt to sell.
      Both parties are to blame.

Please do not engage in any illegal activities. Any trades with real world traders will lead to a ban - do not try to „outscam“ them. It will always lead to a ban.
      Why?
      We only see a trade log in which you get a lot of items for free from a confirmed Real World trader! There’s only one conclusion we will draw in these cases.

Kind regards,
      [TM] Shellfish
    • Shellfish wrote:

We only see a trade log in which you get a lot of items for free from a confirmed Real World trader! There’s only one conclusion we will draw in these cases.
      Hello Shellfish,

I'm ok with everything you just said but it exist cases where people that have enought of game just give all there stuff to random people.
      How will 4Ancient team resolve this knowing that there is nothing illegal in this activity but it can be compared to world trading if not analised in the good way..?

I only saw this happen 3 times in 5 months so it shouldn't be a big deal but it's good to know.
      Not playing but still keeping an eye here

Back on game arround the 25th of august

Back on game once every 2 months as a no name
    • Hey,

I 'm going to answer this question relatively broad because I do not want Real World Traders to know all of our techniques and tools.

Basically, we look at the suspect and check everything related to the transactions. For example, who is he giving items to? Is it a friend for more than X? Someone who was in his guild for a long time?
      Then we also check for how long he's giving items away.
      We can check what they write in-game. How often do they communicate (for example via mail).

Do not worry. We will only punish real world traders - try to keep your distance and do not trade with them. It will just endanger your accounts.

Kind regards,
      [TM] Shellfish