[Survey] Rule adjustments - Tournament

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [Survey] Rule adjustments - Tournament

Should we add a rule that only the account owner can control the accounts in title tournaments 51
      Yes (44) 86%
      No (7) 14%
    Howdy valued community!

Since sharing your account information (at your own risk) on this server is allowed, more and more participants at title tournaments, which are held once a month, are played by other people. Now that some players have complained about this, we want to start a poll to find out what you think about it. Should we add a rule that only the account owner can control the accounts in title tournaments. Outside title tournaments, sharing accounts (at your own risk) is still allowed.

For sure you can discuss about this in the tread.

Information:
    - Multiaccounts on the forum may lead to a temporary or even permanent ban INGAME and in our forum
    - The survey ends on the 28.05.2018 12:00 (CEST).
    - You can change your vote at any time until the end of the survey
    - Participants of the survey are visible

Kind Regards,
    your 4Ancient team
  • SlaveToTheRhythm wrote:

...it would be nice to know from the people who voted no their motivations...
    There are 2 justifications to let other people play the tournament for you:

1.) You registered for the tournament but you don't have time on the tournament's date. So you let play other people for you, because you don't manage to play the tournament yourself.
    2.) You don't have any courage and are a bad player, so you need to let other people play your account to win the tournament.
  • Xuki wrote:

SlaveToTheRhythm wrote:

...it would be nice to know from the people who voted no their motivations...
    There are 2 justifications to let other people play the tournament for you:
    1.) You registered for the tournament but you don't have time on the tournament's date. So you let play other people for you, because you don't manage to play the tournament yourself.
    2.) You don't have any courage and are a bad player, so you need to let other people play your account to win the tournament.
    ok.. but for n1 there could also be sharing, for the n2 :D :D :D :D :D

• I voted no.

I think that if you play the tournament, it's only to 1 vs 1 good players and be the best. Do we really care about who is playing ? The owner or someone else, if he beats you, you are not strong enough and you have to improve.
    I don't care at all if the player is different, i'll only take part in the tournament to fight good players so even if they don't play here, that's completely stupid to vote "yes' for that survey.

Why you voted yes ? Because you're afraid to fall against better people ? You want to get a PvP +24 ? A title ? so just improve your skill and be the best.

Edit : How will you check that ? You will verify all the participants IP-adress at the beginning of the tournament ? You know that you won't be able to check that for every tournament. Then what will be the punishment ? A ban ? Imagine someone is a bit late and ask a friend to do the first round, what will you do ?
  • I voted for yes due to the last couple of tournaments being utter bullshit due to miss. Some ‘winners’ from the leyas tournament were talking big and saying that all their opponents were trash and why YGOB didn’t sign up for leyas with their very own group. Tell me why should we make our own group for leyas if in the end we wouldn’t even be playing against the people that were provoking us on the forum in the first place? In the end we would just be playing against their friends so where is the meaning behind that?
    Don’t get me wrong a lot of those friends they have are very good especially when it comes to leyas tournaments I can’t say anything against that but If I sign up for leyas I sign up so I can play against the best players and the best groups from the 4Ancient server and not against the best from any other server.
    Furthermore let’s not forget that many of those players use dirty bugs. We all know they abuse every kind of bug there is like for example in mage tournaments the ‘No-Tab-Bug’ or the ‘Alt Bug’.
    And that ladies and gentlemen has absolutely nothing to do with ‘Skill’ which is what the tournament is supposed to involve around. There is a reason everyone gets the same EQ…

Deanerys
    My name is Deanerys and not Daenerys! Say NO to invistunns!
  • StriKz wrote:

Edit : How will you check that ? You will verify all the participants IP-adress at the beginning of the tournament ? You know that you won't be able to check that for every tournament. Then what will be the punishment ? A ban ? Imagine someone is a bit late and ask a friend to do the first round, what will you do ?
    Please admins put back miss only for Lasti so that he gets out first round ❤

You know maybe except for randoms there's a way for someone in 4ancient team to know the original skill of the person playing. No one gets very strong unless people get to know about it. Except if they play out of 4ancient often recently person tournament time.

I guess IP system works. There must be a last ip connexion and while people are in tournament the admin can go and get the ip of team members that gm reported as weird. If Ancient finds one. After tournament, the reward goes to the team that didn't cheat.

Even if only one person cheats all team should get banned for knowing it, they are responsible too.
    Not playing but still keeping an eye here

Back on game arround the 25th of august

Back on game once every 2 months as a no name
  • StriKz wrote:

I voted no.

I think that if you play the tournament, it's only to 1 vs 1 good players and be the best. Do we really care about who is playing ? The owner or someone else, if he beats you, you are not strong enough and you have to improve.
    I don't care at all if the player is different, i'll only take part in the tournament to fight good players so even if they don't play here, that's completely stupid to vote "yes' for that survey.

Why you voted yes ? Because you're afraid to fall against better people ? You want to get a PvP +24 ? A title ? so just improve your skill and be the best.

Yea and is ok to get a +24 weapon when you didn't even win yourself. If someone from another 4s server wants to participate they can make their own account only for those monthly tournaments and not use somebody else's account.
  • Xuki wrote:

2.) You don't have any courage and are a bad player, so you need to let other people play your account to win the tournament
    Das stört schniggi jetzt....... @Blinki

StriKz wrote:

Mh ok. So a player with no gamesense and no "skill" should have the weapon and play with it a month cuz someone else play tournament for you? Why dont the guy who let someone else play improving his own skills?!?!

If a rly good player should play tournament its easy to create an account and reach the lvl cap 80 for title tournaments!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Yoda ().

• StriKz wrote:

I voted no.

THIS IS YOU BFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
  • Ich finde diese Leute sowieso sehr witzig. Dieser Weekendtyp da. Hab den noch nie wirklich PvP machen sehen. Geschweige denn mal im Tunier. Aber hauptsache Nein klicken ;) Witzig solche Leute.

Yoda wrote:

StriKz wrote:

Mh ok. So a player with no gamesense and no "skill" should have the weapon and play with it a month cuz someone else play tournament for you? Why dont the guy who let someone else play improving his own skills?!?!
    If a rly good player should play tournament its easy to create an account and reach the lvl cap 80 for title tournaments!
    Diesen Punkt finde ich auch sehr amüsant. Denn der jetzige Avatar des Pauldrons hat zur Zeit ein großes Problem.... Er weiß nicht, wie man seinen Magier spielt. Und kennst sich absolut nicht mit seinen Skills aus. Und warum? Weil ein Freund das Tunier für ihn gespielt hat. Super! Derion hat extrem starke Waffen auf deren Seite. Und wir haben eine Tunier Waffe mit einem Spieler, der nicht weiß, was genau jetzt seine Skills machen. Weil er anscheint auch noch zu unfähig ist, diese Beschreibung zu lesen.
  • I voted „No“ because this is in stark contrast with our stance on account sharing.

On the one hand we are allowing account sharing, but then for tournaments we are not?!
    It seems very tough for me to determine the original owner when an account has been shared for so long.

My personal stance is:
    Either ban account sharing at all
    Or
    Allow account sharing/ participation in the tournament.

I don’t think doing both at the same time is a sustainable path. Nor do I see, how I can check who the „original“ account owner is.

But this is my personal view and everyone‘s voice is equal here.

Kind regards,
    [SGM] Shellfish
  • Shellfish wrote:

I voted „No“ because this is in stark contrast with our stance of account sharing.

On the one hand we are allowing account sharing, but then for tournaments we are not?!
    It seems very tough for me to determine the original owner when an account has been shared for so long.

My personal stance is:
    Either ban account sharing at all
    Or
    Allow account sharing/ participation in the tournament.

I don’t think doing both at the same time is a sustainable path. Nor do I see, how I can check who the „original“ account owner is.

But this is my personal view and everyone‘s voice is equal here.

Kind regards,
    [SGM] Shellfish
    Lustig, dass der Account immer nur einmal im Monat geteilt wird ;)

Du spielst ja nicht selber. Dann würdest du es merken, dass das Turnier einfach nur Bullshit atm ist. Wenn du während der GE oder einfach so PVP machst. Und du dir denkst, ja nice, den Mage könnte ich schlagen im Turnier. Und im Turnier der Typ einfach komplett eskaliert und du erstmal über ins schwitzen kommst. Weil der Skill von dem Typen auf einmal um 10000000 gestiegen ist. Und dann auch noch die Leute mit "No-Tab-Bug" und "Alt-Bug" kommen. Dann ist dies einfach nicht okay. Dann sollen diese dummen Turniere wieder gelöscht werden!!!!11!!!!

PS: Vor allem wenn man aussagen von Leuten auf dem eigenen TS hört "hust" Schni**i "hust". Der soetwas sagt. Ja ez, nächsten Monat lasse ich den und den spielen, weil er der aller beste ist. Weil er einfach die krassesten Bugs kennt. Und dies und das. HAHAHAHA ICH BIN DER ALLER BESTE MAGIER. nicht.