Patch 1.7.5 - Colorizeable Cloaks, Autoloot, New Icons and more

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Patch 1.7.5 - Colorizeable Cloaks, Autoloot, New Icons and more

Howdy valued community!

It's time to thank you again for your loyalty. Another patch arrived in 4Ancient. Correcting numerous, sometimes very annoying bugs should no longer disturb the fun of gaming. We would like to thank everyone who has shared their ideas with us and hope that we change everything according to your wishes.

The written patchnotes can be found here.

Kind Regards,
      your 4Ancient Team
    • Greetings, AncientCompiler!

Again, thank you for your great work and the dedication you present us here - highly appreciated! ^^ I have some questions regarding this patch, though:

-) Autoloot

Let's consider I farm in 2nd battle or Narwashi and my bags get full, how does the Autoloot proceed? Will it still collect stackable items, like ingredients, EVEN THOUGH the minions dropping them also dropped - let's say - a helmet next to them, for which there is no more free space in your inventory? By now you always had to throw items (mainly equipment) out of your inventory, if you wanted to guaranatee to collect all stackable drops with the X + Z(?) key combination. If so, maybe you can change this in BOTH cases (autoloot and manual loot) in a future patch. It gets quite annoying to throw things away after some time, just because you want to efficiently keep farming stackable ingredients without being forced to leave the area or empty your inventory by hand.

If I am mistaken and this feature was already updated without me realizing it - I haven't farmed in a long while by now - , feel free to correct me.

-) Speed (de)buff calculation

I quote: Example2 : -50% Mage slow + -50% Summoner Slow = -100% speed

Does the example above denote that the affected player won't be able to move AT ALL during the given timespan of the debuffs? This would result into a semi-stun with the player still being able to cast abilities but unable to move.

I personally don't like this very much. Maybe you could determine the debuff with the strongest effect to be prioritized(1) or stack the debuffs in such a way, that the next debuff applies its %-value to the previous total debuff value(2).

Example (1): -30% slowing spell + -50% slowing spell = -50% speed (strongest one chosen)

Example (2): -30% slowing spell + -50% slowing spell = -45% speed (= 0.3 + 0.3 * 0.5 = 0.3 * 1.5)
      Example(2): -30% slowing spell + -50% slowing spell + -60% slowing spell = -72% speed (= 0.3 + 0.3 * 0.5 + (0.3 + 0.3 * 0.5) * 0.6 = 0.3 * 1.5 * 1.6)

Obviously you can apply them in what way you want, it does not necessarily have to be one of the above options. For me the pure stack-logic from this patch is too much of an overkill, though. But as this is only a testing-phase I'd suggest to simply monitor the results of the current change and evaluate them, before making incautious decisions. ;)

-) Extra

If I'm already writing to you, then I would also have the suggestion to remove the "Sell price" of the PvP-necklaces as you can't sell them to the NPC anyway. I bought one a short time ago and was confused when I couldn't sell it. The text of the messagebox is also very implicit btw.

Kind regards,
      Krypton

Der Kluge ärgert sich über die Dummheiten, der Weise belächelt sie.
      - Curt Goetz (1888-1960)

Alle Menschen werden als Unikat geboren, doch die meisten sterben als Kopie.
      - Kaspar Schmidt (1806-1856)

Wir denken selten an das, was wir haben, aber immer an das, was uns fehlt.
      - Arthur Schopenhauer (1788 - 1860)

True Story Bro.

The post was edited 3 times, last by Krypton ().

• Krypton wrote:

Let's consider I farm in 2nd battle or Narwashi and my bags get full, how does the Autoloot proceed? Will it still collect stackable items, like ingredients, EVEN THOUGH the minions dropping them also dropped - let's say - a helmet next to them, for which there is no more free space in your inventory? By now you always had to throw items (mainly equipment) out of your inventory, if you wanted to guaranatee to collect all stackable drops with the X + Z(?) key combination. If so, maybe you can change this in BOTH cases (autoloot and manual loot) in a future patch.

Currently, it behaves exactly like pressing Z on monsters, so it's not guaranteed that stackable items will be collected.