WARRIOR NERFS SOON?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Vegito wrote:

So stop lie thanks and, if you want to argue about this please show some true arguments, which could be useful to decide what to do with this class.
    This all those guys are people that never do pvp in a serious environment and just run around with their axes in off mode and cry they receive to much dmg . Bring facts instead of just some random 'uhhhh warrior was shit before the patch so its ok hes op now'

Only cause the warrior was hard to play or in your eyes shit before the patch doesnt mean its ok for the warrior class to be op and toxic now.
  • Machadao wrote:

I agree they're op, but if they're not a little bit strong, then no one will bother with them, most of the server is archer or mage already..
    Before the patch, warriors have been like this since alrease.
    It didn't make it impossible for players to choose the class and archers got nerfed + maybe it's gonna be mages turn next who knows.

(edit: i'm talking about officiel servers too before rise of gor)
    Not playing but still keeping an eye here

Back on game arround the 25th of august

Back on game once every 2 months as a no name
  • My thoughts on this are : If you want warrior to become stronger and you buff him dont nerf the other classes or nerf other classes and leave him without any buffs. But both buffing him and nerfing the others is false. Its like preventing someone to climb a ladder by pulling him down and the in addition you kick him... But idk what will convince a dev sth they did is wrong. Like i said i would like to see how they think each class against each class individually should work. Because if they are after ''balancing'' they shouldnt leave their work half. ( buffing 1 support-damage dealer warrior and leaving priest alone for example is wrong)
    Geralt Of Rivia , Withcer.. with tenure
  • Walhalla wrote:

but its pretty hard to balance all six classes, there will be always a class which is better or played more often.
    Although i agree with that stement one has to understand what exactly is wrong with the warrior.
    The warrior class is not simply op its toxic for the gameplay at least with the amount of buffs it received.

The off warrior is toxic cause he just comes in invi and one shots people with his aoe.

The deff warrior is toxic cause archer and night walker deal 5 dmg to the warrior class in deff stance (which is simply put toxic when it comes to the idea that archer is the dps since he can only do dmg no stuns no cc at all)

There are always op things but when something is so suppressive that the other classes can simply not do their job no matter how much skill they may have something has to be changed.
  • Walhalla wrote:

but its pretty hard to balance all six classes, there will be always a class which is better or played more often.
    Its not just hard, its impossible. In League Of Legends lets say we have 3 adc ( I KNOW THERE ARE A LOT MORE ) . There are
    adc X , Y , Z. Rito can balance X, Y and Z adc so they are all equal because they are all marksmen you know. They CANT balance random classes against random classes because its delusional. 4story classes are 6 and each is totally different from the other one and there is no balance , its not existent. All these changes achieve is fixing one problem by creating 1 or 2. Nerfing the arhcer, buffing the warrior, buffing the evocator...... There is only 1 type of warrior in 4story and one type of archer and one type of mage and one type of everyone. If there were 2 types of X class then balance these two so Xa = Xb. Nothing hard to understand here lol, I just think its time to realize that classes arent rats to experiment on , and even if they were then you should EXPERIMENT ON THEM, and that the dueling between the classes should be left alone as it was originally was because thats how it has been accepeted for 10 years. They should work on other more important things.

ev0catorkiller wrote:

The deff warrior is toxic cause archer and night walker deal 5 dmg to the warrior class in deff stance (which is simply put toxic when it comes to the idea that archer is the dps since he can only do dmg no stuns no cc at all)
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    And its not only that nw & archer deal 5 dmg now, its also that they somehow decided to nerf the archer on top of that :D
    Geralt Of Rivia , Withcer.. with tenure

The post was edited 4 times, last by WalkingArcher ().

• Okay, let me drop my two cents in:
    1. I think the worst thing about warrior right now is just people ressing and killing people with shout from invi. This could be stopped by simply making warr visible when he uses stance activation.
    2. Maybe warr in deff stance has too much defense right now, but still, show me a warr that cant be killed. Without the support of priest, he is permastunned and if you debuff him and perhaps use skills that lower the defense (evocators endendros curse, mage's weakening flame or whatever it's name is), then he is not as hard to kill anymore. Also perhaps you should not all focus the warr, if you go for the priest, there is noone left to support him...
    3. Some people speak about 1v1. In this game, 1v1 is mainly in duels or tournaments. Maybe in 1v1 warr can be strong since if he gets u in stun, he can swap to attack stance freely and without bein afraid to die. But dont forget, that most of the other classes have hard CC that warr cant escape (unlike for example assa). Archer vs Warrior is another story, i think this matchup cant be fixed, simply because archer only has blind to stay safe from warr. The problem here is the movement speed. I think deleting or decreasing the movement speed should do.
    4. The extra damage is definitely not needed. It truly is bullshit that you can have around 2500 with full buffs and warrior should not be played in that way. Armor break is more than enough to bring the damage that the attack stance should have.

In conclusion, I think that the only thing that warr can bring into mass pvp is being a tank, since he deals dmg only when he is close, therefore off stance in mass pvp is pretty much useless, unless you want to play like certain warriors (kamikaze style). It is wrong that warrior is nearly unkillable with great eq, but then again, i think only Willco or Snaga have that kind of EQ.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Skrra ().

• Skrra wrote:

2. Maybe warr in deff stance has too much defense right now, but still, show me a warr that cant be killed. Without the support of priest, he is permastunned and if you debuff him and perhaps use skills that lower the defense (evocators endendros curse, mage's weakening flame or whatever it's name is), then he is not as hard to kill anymore. Also perhaps you should not all focus the warr, if you go for the priest, there is noone left to support him...
    I cant even say how dumb this thought process is.

This is a team game. To expect a warrior to be alone in your whole group without a priest is just nuisance. Everybody dies after some time vs 14 dps without a priest to expect a tank warrior to be running around alone by himself without a priest who can rebuff him is just so stupid i wonder if you even play serious pvp....

Skrra wrote:

3. Some people speak about 1v1. In this game, 1v1 is mainly in duels or tournaments. Maybe in 1v1 warr can be strong since if he gets u in stun, he can swap to attack stance freely and without bein afraid to die. But dont forget, that most of the other classes have hard CC that warr cant escape (unlike for example assa). Archer vs Warrior is another story, i think this matchup cant be fixed, simply because archer only has blind to stay safe from warr. The problem here is the movement speed. I think deleting or decreasing the movement speed should do.
    Here is another example of how close minded your thought process is in regards to the warrior.

There are many posibilities to affect the 1v1 (if you really care about 1v1) but by reducing the movement speed and not something like tankyness or dmg of the warrior you just simply make him need even less skill and just take the fun away from the class as the followup role is simply not posible if youre slower than a grandmother you get slowed 10 years before you stun anything without movementspeed. (thinking that the archer matchup will change if the warrior has less movement speed is just mindblowing as the warrior can stand around afk and the archer kills himself while dealing 5 dmg to the warrior...

Skrra wrote:

4. The extra damage is definitely not needed. It truly is bullshit that you can have around 2500 with full buffs and warrior should not be played in that way. Armor break is more than enough to bring the damage that the attack stance should have.
    Only thing i agree with.

Skrra wrote:

In conclusion, I think that the only thing that warr can bring into mass pvp is being a tank, since he deals dmg only when he is close, therefore off stance in mass pvp is pretty much useless, unless you want to play like certain warriors (kamikaze style). It is wrong that warrior is nearly unkillable with great eq, but then again, i think only Willco or Snaga have that kind of EQ.

Saying that its wrong that a warrior is nearly unkillable is just simply ignoring the facts and playing it dumb. (or as i said maybe you dont play real pvp which is np but you shouldnt act as if you did and state things as facts)

My 22 eq has 70 armor more than a warrior with 20 armor. At the lvl of armor which a warrior currently has 100 armor is nothing due to the way armor works in this game. From a specific point of armor you deal 5 dmg and that point is reached with far less than 22 eq.

22 or even 24 weapons should be able to deal a good amount of dmg to a +20 armor(which is so easily reachable nowadays)
    People with +20 should not receive 5 dmg from a 22 weapon thats just a joke.
  • ev0catorkiller wrote:

Skrra wrote:

I cant even say how dumb this thought process is.
    This is a team game. To expect a warrior to be alone in your whole group without a priest is just nuisance. Everybody dies after some time vs 14 dps without a priest to expect a tank warrior to be running around alone by himself without a priest who can rebuff him is just so stupid i wonder if you even play serious pvp....

Eh, you should probably start thinking yourself before you start criticizing my thought processes.

Warr needs to go deep into enemies to actually stun or something. In order for the priest to help him, priest has to follow at least until he is in range to heal or something. How about you wait till that happens and then use your +22 eq to stun and kill the priest and focus the warrior afterwards?

About movement speed affecting followup and getting close to stun somebody - how about you hop on your horse, which is much faster than this movement speed buff anyway and get sanctuary from your priest, then ride in enemies without them being able to knock you down? - one of many possibilities

Also i dont think that you will deal 5 dmg with +22 pvp weapon to warr with +20 eq (when he is unbuffed).
  • I'm very happy to see such a lively discussion.
    We are taking your suggestions to heart and will do some adjustments in the upcoming patch.

Display Spoiler

I personally believe this to be a very delicate topic. While warriors certainly are strong, our most recent PvP-Event (vod on our youtube) did not really underline this point. In coordintaed teamfights the warrior seemed to be as good as other classes.

That said, balancing a class is very complex. A change will affect multiple layers of gameplay. The first layer being 1vs1's. Most people here, rightfully so, have pointed out how ridiculously strong the warrior is.
    Then there is the next layer of small, group-oriented teamplay (5v5, 6v6) in which warriors are completely fair.
    And then there are mass teamfights in which warriors are, as most of you called them, a "support" class. Warriors can't really escape hard cc and once caught in it, they have no way of getting out. They have a hard time engaging and more than often rely on others doing the primary work.
    Each and every change will affect all of these llayers and we do have to anticipate the consequences.

We need to find a way to hit warriors in the right spots without making them a punching bag again. That is why we are taking our time to weigh all the pro's and con's.
    Keep on suggesting possible nerfs! We will test them and see how they fare.

Kind regards,
    [SGM] Shellfish

P.S.
    It would be great to get the discussion back to the average-joe warrior. Comparing your damage against a Warrior with a +24 shield /epic armor/ jewelry is a bit far-stretched.
  • Shellfish wrote:

I'm very happy to see such a lively discussion.
    We are taking your suggestions to heart and will do some adjustments in the upcoming patch.

Display Spoiler

I personally believe this to be a very delicate topic. While warriors certainly are strong, our most recent PvP-Event (vod on our youtube) did not really underline this point. In coordintaed teamfights the warrior seemed to be as good as other classes.

That said, balancing a class is very complex. A change will affect multiple layers of gameplay. The first layer being 1vs1's. Most people here, rightfully so, have pointed out how ridiculously strong the warrior is.
    Then there is the next layer of small, group-oriented teamplay (5v5, 6v6) in which warriors are completely fair.
    And then there are mass teamfights in which warriors are, as most of you called them, a "support" class. Warriors can't really escape hard cc and once caught in it, they have no way of getting out. They have a hard time engaging and more than often rely on others doing the primary work.
    Each and every change will affect all of these llayers and we do have to anticipate the consequences.

We need to find a way to hit warriors in the right spots without making them a punching bag again. That is why we are taking our time to weigh all the pro's and con's.
    Keep on suggesting possible nerfs! We will test them and see how they fare.

Kind regards,
    [SGM] Shellfish

P.S.
    It would be great to get the discussion back to the average-joe warrior. Comparing your damage against a Warrior with a +24 shield /epic armor/ jewelry is a bit far-stretched.

Where can we see the changes in every patch? Is it here in the forum under "news and updates"? And roughly when will the update come?